Inside Cabin question

Kylira

Hi friends,

DH and I have an inside cabin to Alaska on Golden Princess August 22. We've been assigned B256 and I'm happy with the deck assignment, but am a little concerned about the rooms location. It seems to be near a doorway...and since we've never cruised before, I don't know how much noise/traffic we're going to encounter. I don't envision us spending a lot of time in our room...this is hubby's dream trip...but he's a very light sleeper and I want him to be comfy. It's also his 50th b'day trip! Thanks for any info/insights/tips!

Cheers, Kylira

I'm a reasonably experienced cruiser, although I've never sailed on Golden. However, I can read deck plans :) , and this is exactly the kind of cabin I like to pick. Very convenient to stairs, so easy to get around the ship, and hard to get lost when looking for your cabin. (You don't mention if this is a FIRST cruise as well as a special one, but trust me: everyone gets lost.)

As you can see from the plans, there are doors separating you from the stairways, so you won't hear traffic from them. You probably WILL hear people walking by your door and talking....true of any cabin. There may be a bit more traffic in your location, because you're close to the stairs. However, most cruisers are considerate enough to realize not to yak loudly when returning to their cabin at 3 a.m. :rolleyes: I think you'll be fine, but if your husband is a "belt and suspenders" kind of guy, no harm packing ear plugs.

I suspect you'll decide this great location outweighs any slight noise inconvenience.

Hi friends,

DH and I have an inside cabin to Alaska on Golden Princess August 22. We've been assigned B256 and I'm happy with the deck assignment, but am a little concerned about the rooms location. It seems to be near a doorway...and since we've never cruised before, I don't know how much noise/traffic we're going to encounter. I don't envision us spending a lot of time in our room...this is hubby's dream trip...but he's a very light sleeper and I want him to be comfy. It's also his 50th b'day trip! Thanks for any info/insights/tips!

Cheers, Kylira

Give that it is your husbands 50th, I hope you have got him a free rail trip with Alaskan Railways. They are giving free trips to people who turn 50 to celebrate Alaska' 50th. Worth looking up on Google.:p:p

Thanks for the awesome tip! I looked into it, but we're not going that far north. *sigh* If I had my druthers...and an unlimited bank account...we'd be cruising and touring Alaska for more than 7 days! :)

We've had inside cabins near that location on the both the Golden and Island Princess. You shouldn't have any problems. Sleep comes easy in those inside locations. There's no outside noise or light to keep you up.

Here's another tip for you: You can figure out at a glance if you are on the port side or starboard by looking at the carpet. The port side will have a red (think port wine) design where the starboard has the same design in blue. On other note: The up elevator dings once while the down elevator dings twice.

Give that it is your husbands 50th, I hope you have got him a free rail trip with Alaskan Railways. They are giving free trips to people who turn 50 to celebrate Alaska' 50th. Worth looking up on Google.:p:p

Where did you find this information? I have googled it but come up empty! Thanks.

Just got off the Golden and had an inside cabin. It was a wonderful trip and the ship is beautiful. The inside cabin worked out fine. I am a very light sleeper and brought ear plugs just in case.

Thanks vmom, and all posters. I'll make sure he brings ear plugs. :) I can't wait to see the newly refurbished Golden. My DH is so excited he can barely sit still. Um...yeah...me, too!! This board is the best.

Any other tips for travelling with an inside cabin? :)

Archived