Anyone ever used Cruise Compete??

I got some quotes from different travel agencies, but I guess I am a little hesitant of going with a travel agency I know little about. Has anyone had any experience using any agencies with cruise compete?? I would like to know how it went.:confused:

I got some quotes from different travel agencies, but I guess I am a little hesitant of going with a travel agency I know little about. Has anyone had any experience using any agencies with cruise compete?? I would like to know how it went.:confused:

Yes I have... Our last cruise we used Cruise Compete with no trouble and our upcoming cruise... I checked the Travel Agents website and BBB report... Some of my other cruises my travel agent matched the price... Our last cruise and this up-coming cruise my agent could not match or beat the quote... Hope this helps!!!

We booked our upcoming cruise through an agency we found on Cruise Compete. We had one quote come in cheaper, but when googling the company name and reviews, they had some pretty scary reviews. However, the other 2 companies we were considering had great reviews and feedback. Just do your homework before you book and you should be fine!

I used an agency from cruise compete several times without issues. But you do all the work and they simply book it and you don't hear from them until final payment is due. Then a friend used them and I found out a few things and the way they do things like insurance that if my friend had not contacted me to ask some questions he would have lost his $7500 that he would have paid at final payment because they don't handle insurance the correct way. Be careful dealing with people whose only mission is the almighty dollar. While making money makes the world go around the travel agent who does the research and takes the time with you is the way to go over an extra $50. That's why I say sometimes, contact me if you want to hear my story.

Twice with no problems. However, one request returned a couple of really low bids that upon searching did not include port taxes. When those were added in (as well as a really hefty insurance) the bid turned out to be almost brochure rate. So do a little research.

We still have not found an exceptional On-Line Travel Agent for our cruises, and here in the middle of the desert, there just ain't a decent Cruiseline Travel agent.

Archived