Recent Caribbean Princess Cruisers

Green4me

Question to those who have cruised post hurricane season and visited Old San Juan in place of Princess Cay. Does the ship dock at the Downtown pier or the Pan American pier? Trying to determin if the Parrot Club and Senior Frogs are walking distance.

Thanks

Not sure the name of the pier, but on the 11/13 voyage we docked right in Old San Juan. 3 blocks to calle fortaleza on which the Parrot Club is located.

Also, "Dragonfly" and "Tantra", 2 restaurants, accross the street from Parrot Club are great! Every time we are in san juan, they are a must for us.

Gary

Can you tell us what kind of excursions the ship offers in San Juan? The private, evening walking tour I wanted to do is already booked.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated because I'm pretty sure we will be there Xmas eve from 4:30 pm to 11:00 pm.

Thanks,

Debbie

Debbie, I wished I knew as we will be there next Monday. Unfortunately when the personalizer changed to the new itinerary it was within 7 days of sailing and the prebooking of excursions option was no longer available.

If yours has already been revised you may be able to see what is offered. The standard excursions that the web site has seem more tailored to pre and post cruise OSJ itineraries. Christams Eve, although it is a Friday night, may be tough to find much open. Then again it could be a big party night.

Either way Merry Christmas

Christmas Eve I abruptly found out after meeting my Cuban wife is the "big show" in Cuban culture anyhow. I'm sure that San Juan will be hopping!

If you can find someone with coquito (not sure of the spelling) - it's Alcoholic eggnog essentially is to die for! I've seen a few recipies on the web, but just not the same. For anyone I know who makes it, their family recipe is more valuable than a 20 karat ring.

Archived