Any tears over loss of Horizon???

M&M cruiseaholics

I love the small cozy lounge up top at the front of the ship. We had a family cruise a few years ago on Horizon (it was one of the most affordable choices and my non-cruising family was extremely impressed) and every evening before dinner we met up in the lounge (America's Cup or Admiral's Cup?) before dinner. The atmosphere reminded me of an earlier cruise era, casual elegance, classic blue and white cloth mixed with rich wood tones, no flashy lights, quiet music (often live), so quiet one could hear the chink chink of the glasses and the rise and fall of laughter. A perfect place to toast the sunset and another spectacular day at sea.

Nancy

May I say I told everyone so.

When we were on the Millie this summer in Europe. we were told that the Horizon was being transferred and an annoucement was due in the fall(they even told us she would leave the fleet in Oct 2005). We were told at that time that they were looking for a buyer for Zenith and designing app 5 new ships for the Celebrity line with 3 smaller ships around 70,000-tons(if I remember correctly) and also 2 ships around 100-110,00 tons. When I got back and posted this I was slammed by the people on this board, so I really have not visited and posted since!!!!!!!!! guess I say "I told you so. again"

I researched your original post and not one person slammed you that I can find. You simply provided one of a dozen rumors of which only one has come true (Horizon leaving) and you were not the only person to report this and certainly not the first. Many people simply related the other rumors and some including myself advised people to go slow due to all the rumors from those supposedly in the know. Again, as far as I can tell no one slammed your report.

Don

My only concern is that most ships in their "farewell" season tend to go downhill fast. The staff is a little dishartened to know their ship is going, maintainance is often deferred, broken things aren't replaced, etc. I was on the Norway in her farewell season and some of the staff told me this directly (and remember the coast guard shutting down the Norway in port for deferred maintainance on the sprinkler system?)

My first cruise w/Celebrity was on the Zenith, then the next on Horizon I loved the size of those ships, although I loved sailing on the Summit as well.

Can you remember dates and ports of your 11/94 Horizon and 11/95 Zenith

cruises. We on the Horizon, Cabin 5020, and cabin 6001 on the Zenith.

My wife and I have been on 23 cruise since and I have been keeping

better info on cabins, ports, even costs for no other reason than to keep

track and compare I quess. We love Celebrity and ust finished a 11 night

eastern Caribbean cruise Dec 10 on the Horizon. Still a great ship but

beginning to show her age. Was on the Century in July and it was great.

Going on HAL Westerdam Transatlantic, Med and Rome in April/May.

Thanks for any information you could give me

Without stretching I don't see how they can add 2 restaurants and 59 staterooms. I don't know where they could put them. Current space ratio is 34.6 which is snug by today's standards. If they add 59 staterooms (assuming 2 per cabin) that will drop the space ratio to 31.8 which equates to crowded.

Archived