Bernards Tours, or not?????

Bob NC

Before we went on our private tour with Bernard we looked at the itinerary and made a few changes way before our cruise. Among the changes we made we chose to stay longer at Maho Beach-Sunset Bar, wanted more shopping time, and we stayed a short time only at Orient Beach.

I really do feel that the biggest advantage of going on a private tour is you do have more control of the itinerary. We looked up all the tourist attractions and beaches ourselves on the internet and read reviews of previous tourists and determined among the group what we wanted to do and made sure it would work out time wise with Bernard. We e-mailed back and forth. When we all met before getting in the van once on the island I had the itinerary with me and we reviewed it.

It was a great tour and one the 14 of us still talk about often. I think planning ahead and good communication was the key for us.

Glad you got to see St Martin. I wish we could get back there soon.

Now we did not do the same for several Mexican Riveria private tours we did for we were with a different group. We definitely would have changed the itinerary if we had reviewed it well and taken the time to prepare like we did for St Martin.

Laura

Laura would you be able to share the itinerary you used in St. Marten?

• 10 months later...
So glad I found this thread! The ship-offered excursions did not seem to give you enough time anywhere. These tours appear to be a perfect mix of relaxation with a guarantee to see everything!

And lots of free rum punch to boot!!!

We will be on the $40 pp tour this month. I was wondering:

1) Where does Bernard stop for lunch? Is it Sunset Bar at Maho Beach? Pedro's at Orient Beach? The Pirate Bar? I've heard many ideas here.

2) When you go to Marigot, I've heard you only have 30 minutes for shopping. I've heard that shopping in Marigot is not that great. Should we go to Philipsburg to shop after the tour, or will there not be enough time afterwards?

Thanks in advance.:)

Archived