Discover Mexico

HightowerMom

Thinking of taking the family here in November. Interested in any feedback from those that have been.

Also, what is the cab fare from Puerta Maya?

Thanks!

It is about a half mile walk south from Puerta Maya. Cab would be pretty cheap, but seems like a waste to us to pay for a cab. We are planning on walking from the pier. However, we will take a taxi into town after we finish our visit.

We will be there in January when temps are cooler. If you are visiting during the summer, it can be quite hot and it may be worth it to you to take a cab.

Name of the Game and Hightower Mom --

We have found that it is perfectly safe to walk just about anywhere on Cozumel. Just use your common sense as you would anywhere when you are at home or on vacation.

As I recall, there is a sidewalk along the main road. You would go south out of the port (right) and Discover Mexico will be on the left.

If you don't feel comfortable walking, taxis are readily available just as you leave the shopping area at the port.

We went on the Discover Mexico tour thru the cruise line last year and was very disappointed with the tour. It was long and boring!

They told lots of history about the mayans and such but the very small replica model of them were all outdoors and there is a museum type building and a souvenire shop. My kids were bored stiff and so was I.

Unless it has changed, I wouldnt recommend.

Archived