Norway 2010 Cruise - Just Curious

Shawski

I've just been looking at the Norway cruise for 2010 and it seems like they have really changed the itinerary from what it is this year and what I seem to recall it's been in the past. The ports of Alesund, Trondheim and Tromso have been eliminated and Spitsbergen and a couple of others have been added. Does anyone have any idea as to why the itinerary was changed so much? We were interested in doing this cruise, but are really disappointed that some of the ports that we were interested in were eliminated.

Thanks,

Shawski

Shawski, they vary this trip a little each year. I have been on two Norway cruises, neither of which included Alesund nor Trondheim, but both included Spitzbergen (my least favorite port). A highlight near there for me was the Magdalenen fjord for the scenery and big icebergs, and then sailing in the northern ice pack at the Arctic circle once on the Navigator. The port I would miss most that is lacking on this one is Tromsoe, as the view from the top is spectacular if you have a clear day. And there are ports new to me on this one that look interesting.

Great weather can add so much to this itinerary, as I found first-hand.

Archived