how does it work when you first book?

You do not have to cancel and rebook. Simply go to the Celebrity web site and print a booking transfer form. Fill it out and fax (or have the travel agent fax) it to Celebrity. I didn't have a fax machine, so I filled it out, scanned it into the computer and attached it in an e-mail.

You can find the booking transfer here:

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity//content/pdf/faq/Celebrity_Booking_Transfer_Form.pdf

You do not have to cancel and rebook. Simply go to the Celebrity web site and print a booking transfer form. Fill it out and fax (or have the travel agent fax) it to Celebrity. I didn't have a fax machine, so I filled it out, scanned it into the computer and attached it in an e-mail.

I have never had to go to that trouble. Just called the TA, gave them my reservation number, and they were happy to take care of all the paperwork for me.

David

I have never had to go to that trouble. Just called the TA, gave them my reservation number, and they were happy to take care of all the paperwork for me.

David

Celebrity has a new policy and the passenger has to fill out the form and fax it in. This was brand new to me last month. Phone calls had always worked before. New to my TA too.:rolleyes:

If you book thru Celebrity directly and receive OBC, do you subsequently lose that OBC if you transfer your booking to a TA?

That would probably be a question that you should ask Celebrity. If they do tell you that you will lose the OBC you can always work that out with the TA and see if they will match the OBC that you currently have. You can also shop around with TA's and see what OBC they will offer you. I did that and received a $550 OBC and a coupon book. The offers I had varied from $100 to the $550 OBC.

Has anyone ever transfered a booking from one TA to another?

You will probably have to cancel with your TA and some of them charge for cancellations. For that reason it is best to book direct with Celebrity and then use the transfer form when you decide upon the TA you wish to use (ie. who offers the best deal)

We've had to use the transfer form for several years already and the TA has emailed the form. It is also easy to forward by email the booking confirmation form that Celebrity sends you.

Archived