Where are all you first time cruisers cruising?

Kitty34

My Wife (her 2nd) and I (my first) are doing the 4 day Nassau and Freeport cruise on the Carnival sensation in September.

If I like it, we will probably try a 7 day cruise on the Glory or Mariner next September.

Bill

DH and I will be on the AOS RCCL 9/17/06 for the honeymoon we didn't have 10 years ago (anniversary celebration as well a month early)! Flying in a day early and staying at the Intercontinental San Juan. Can't wait!!!

I am going on the Carnival Legend Eastern Caribbean from September 25 to October 3/2006. It leaves from New York and goes to San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas/St. John, Tortola/Virgin Gorda and back to New York. I am also going a few days early, because I have never been to New York before either and I want to see all the sights there.:)

Mel

Wow - this thread was started almost 2 years ago and it's still going!

My DH and I will be taking our first cruise on August 14, 2006. We are on the Sovereign of the Seas leaving out of Port Canaveral, going to Coco Cay and Nassau.

The following is the tally for this thread so far (12/2004-7/2006):

Western Caribbean -- 103

Caribbean (not more specifically identified) -- 40

Eastern Caribbean -- 38

Alaska -- 34

Bahamas -- 25

Southern Caribbean -- 25

Mediterranean -- 13

Mexican Riviera -- 12

Mexico (eastern)/Belize -- 12

Bermuda -- 10

Hawaii -- 7

Transatlantic -- 6

Panama Canal -- 5

Canada -- 4

Mexico (not further identified) -- 3

South America -- 3

South Pacific -- 3

Australia (trans-oceanic to or from) -- 2

Europe -- 1

Galapagos Islands --1

World Cruise -- 1 (!)

A lot of posters were so excited about their first cruise they listed everything about it (ship, whose traveling, debarkation port, reason/occasion for traveling) except their destination. :)

A note about the tally. When a ship or port of departure was listed I did not try to figure out where it was going unless I knew from past research that it only had one destination. Posts that listed a number of islands I put in the "Caribbean (not more specifically identified)" listing; I did not try to figure out whether the destinations were Eastern, Southern, or Western.

Because a lot of people listed the ships they were sailing on but not their destinations, I wonder if cruises are decided based primarily on the ship rather than the itinerary. I always assumed the destination was the most important consideration and the ship was only secondary, but these posts have me wondering.

I also wonder if this sampling is representative of first-time cruisers in general. If so, the Western Caribbean is the prime destination.

To keep the thread going my DW and myself will be going on the Inside Passage round trip from Vancouver on HAL's Zuiderdam departing 9/9/06. This will follow 2 weeks touring Canada as part of our Silver Wedding anniversary celebrations.

We are so excited we have not only been counting weeks but days, minutes and even seconds until we go. :D :D

My boyfriend and I are going on our first cruise in October of 2007. We will be going on a Carnival cruise ship, not sure of the name as I forgot. We will be going to Progreso and Cozumel. It will be a 5 day cruise. I'm excited but scared too. I have never been on a ship before and I have a fear of water, so hopefully this will help my fear.

We are taking our very first cruise in just 13 days. Me, DH and 2 boys ages 9 and 10 (will turn 11 on the cruise) We are sailing on Norwegian Dawn and heading to the Bahamas and Bermuda with a stop at Great Stirrup Cay. Time has been at a stand still lately. We cannot wait to go!!!

I'm so excited to have booked our very first cruise. It will be a 25th anniversary celebration for us, and a graduation gift for our oldest boy. We decided to book two cabins. A Promenade cabin for the teens (15 and 18 year old boys) and directly across the hall a balcony cabin for ourselves. We have decided on RCCL Southern Caribbean Aruba itinerary leaving on July 8, 2007. I must admit that I am leaving on Sept 16 for a coastal cruise on the Princess Diamond with my very dear cruising buddy. She is going to introduce me to the world of cruising so that I can be a little more knowledgeable when my family travels a year from now.

My DH and I are going on our first on the Enchantment of the Seas, Nov 6 to Key West, Cozumel, and their private island. This is our 16th wedding anniversary. This is the first time we will be in Mexico. My only fear is missing the boat when at port! :eek:

Starrluna

First time cruisers here! My DH and I will be sailing with Carnival on the Miracle, August 20th. We are so excited and I can tell from all the boards we won't be disappointed. We have waited so long for this time together. The baby graduated last year and is now a U.S. Marine. We love our children more than everything but now it is our time. Western Carib. here we come!!

Archived