100 days - Free Laundry

swindy

You really should check with the Venetian Club representative - you can send an email through the Silversea website. It was my understanding (and I certainly could be wrong) that the free laundry kicks in during the cruise where you reach 100 days and I interpreted that as, for example, you have a 7 day cruise which represents days '96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 and 102' that you qualify on day '96 - the beginning of the cruise where you reach 100 days. Let me know the correct interpretation!

You should receive your laundry benefits during the cruise that you achieve

100 days. We recently reached 100 days during the mid-portion of our cruise,

but received the free laundry benefit at the beginning of the cruise. it is an

excellent benefit!

• 1 year later...

On the same subject: I understand there are do-it-yourself laundry facilities on the ships (at least it's shown on the Wind). I'm planning my packing for a nine-day cruise with that in mind. Does anyone else know anything about that? Thanks for any info.

This is the strangest topic I have ever seen on a travel forum. Laundry?????? Maybe I’ll just pack a suitcase of dirty clothes so I can get my laundry done. That won’t work because we haven’t sailed for 100 days. Now, I know what to do. I’ll tell my husband if he wants his laundry done he has to take me on 7 or 8 more SS cruises. Glad someone brought this up.

This is the strangest topic I have ever seen on a travel forum. Laundry??????
Why is it so strange?? If I'm travelling across the world to get on a cruise that lasts longer than a week (and, I'd ONLY cross the world to travel on a longer cruise;) ) I don't want to pack 16 suitcases or DHL my clothing--I want to pack lightly and know that I can have clean clothing throughout the cruise.....

So on this subject, while I know the self-serve laundries are included in the price of the cruise, what are the dry cleaning and laundry service charges like?? Most people have said "they're reasonable" or "they're cheaper than at home" but as charges vary widely depending on locale, does anyone have any hard $$ amounts to share? Many thanks!

Why is it so strange?? If I'm travelling across the world to get on a cruise that lasts longer than a week (and, I'd ONLY cross the world to travel on a longer cruise;) ) I don't want to pack 16 suitcases or DHL my clothing--I want to pack lightly and know that I can have clean clothing throughout the cruise.....

Right I hate over packing. I love the option HAL of the bag of laundry where they wash and fold it and it is reasonible.

This is the strangest topic I have ever seen on a travel forum. Laundry??????

This is actually one of the nicest side benefits you can get on a cruise. Silver Suites and up also get this perk, and, believe you me, this was a great way to end each day with clean laundry all the way around on our 17 day Singapore to Sydney cruise last December.

Obviously, you haven't yet gone through all the hassles trying to score a washer and drier on board a completely full ship, or you sure wouldn't be singing this tune.;)

I've seen on a number of travel forums around the world and have asked myself a few times...

Our cruise is at the end of four weeks we'll have done a few nights in a number of cities. Four of us can quickly add up to a lot of washing so I often look for

bag wash facility..either in house or nearby..

Laundry included package (Shangri la often has this option)..

The time you don't spend doing laundry is the time you can spend enjoying your trip!

Indamitch - To answer your query, Yes, there are free washers and dryers available... I didn't run into a problem finding an open unit to use, but I think we were about 100 ppl short of capacity. It was one of the things I liked about our location aboard ship, however, just a few steps down the hall from the laundry, so you could keep an eye on when things were available. (I sure wouldn't want to be next door to it however....as it geared up for a spin, the wash machine sounded like a jet taking off.)

We were just in a medallion suite and they left a card saying we got laundry services with the cruise. It was very nice. Even though they said things wouldn't be ironed, the pants came back pressed and each pair on a hanger. It was quite nice.

Mark

From the Silversea brochure, a medallion suite is 1.5x the space of a verandah suite, while a silver suite is 2x the space of a verandah suite. On the Shadow/Whisper, the price of midship verandah:medallion:silver (all of which are midship) is roughly 1:1.3:1.4 So it will only be reasonable for them to give the medallion suites all the benefits of the silver suites. In fact, the medallion suites should be considered "spares" for those who want silver suites -- there is little other reason for taking the former if the latter is available!

The suite was quite nice, although it was smaller than the silver suites. It is in a great location. It was nice that it had the foldout sofa bed and closing door for the bedroom so that in times of snoring, spouses could find relief from one another. lololo.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Laundry?????? Maybe I’ll just pack a suitcase of dirty clothes so I can get my laundry done. That won’t work because we haven’t sailed for 100 days. Now, I know what to do. I’ll tell my husband if he wants his laundry done he has to take me on 7 or 8 more SS cruises. Glad someone brought this up.

Doesn't anybody have a sense of humor? You all seem very serious about laundry.

Archived