Sort of Live from the Pride (maybe!)

megr1125

OK....tomorrow will be our first CCL cruise on the Pride from Blatimore! I will ATTEMPT to at least post each day but since I will probably NOT buy an internet package, y'all may have to wait til I reach the Bahamas.....

However, I will answer questions when I can! And if I can't get to them while on the ship, I will get to them next week when we get back (for a couple days r-n-r in Baltimore!)

Took about 3-ish hours to get to our hotel...the Sheraton BWI. Believe it or not, I got a rate of 79 bucks....an AAA special! (It is under the promotions rate type!) Got upgraded as I am a Platinum in the SPG program! No complaints! GREAT suite! Woo hoo!!!

Traffic on 95 the last 20 miles was a b!^%#.....those last 20 miles took an HOUR! If anyone is heading south on 95 this weekend...leave early, get a big cup of coffee, an extra donut and hit Maryland House for a 'rest' stop! They seem to be in a hurry to get done with some exit ramp construction........yuck!

I have arranged for a car service (which I found probably on the East Coast board)...we will be heading over around noon as I was advised (by someone who works for the port) that it would be a good idea to get there early for wheelchair assistance.....we shall see.

Other than that....I will be back later on! We are excited about another line, a new departure port and going to the Bahamas (if only for a new fridge magnet!:D)

Bye for now!

I'm looking forward to your reports! We'll be on the Pride in 30 days.

And I think 95S was a disaster yesterday due to a 24 car pile up near White Marsh. Hopefully that won't occur too often. :)

I just got back last Saturday from the Pride and I miss her already.

Enjoy the ship, and try the David's. It's really worth it.

If you meet Kirk the CD, tell you want to "Catch the Pigeon." Adam from 2 cruises ago told you so. He should give you a good laugh.

Have a great trip.

Well....I am awake...mom's still snoozing! Breakfast soon, then off to the ship around noon!

It is RAINING! (Carp!);) But hopefully the sun will come out! Looking forward to doing NOTHING for the next 6 days......:) except trying new food, finding my way around the ship and taking my own advice.....(which is to pack an open mind!---)

I am pretending this is our first cruise again!:D

Can't wait to get on the ship....let me go print a deckplan or 2 so I can at least find DINNER!!

Toodles....y'all! (i spend a LOT of time below the Mason Dixon lind and considering it starts where, in Maryland?? it is pretty easy!)

It is RAINING! (Carp!);)

Toodles....y'all! (i spend a LOT of time below the Mason Dixon lind and considering it starts where, in Maryland?? it is pretty easy!)

Yep, the rain is getting very old here...another gloomy day.

Oh, the Mason Dixon line...don't know anyone here who says y'all either, but I do love hearing it. ;)

Looking forward to your onboard posts! Enjoy! :)

Sorry gang.......internet on the ship and my laptop are not liking each other! so i am in nassau at an internet cafe for a few minutes. i will write a full review...this has been an interesting cruise to say the least...MANY issues with the cabin-as in WAAYYYYYY too cold, closet doors broken, etc. i have spent more time waiting for things to be fixed than in having fun!

in any event....weather has been fine until today....it is cloudy and hot in nassau!

saw REALLY cool, crazy lightening last night....cloud to cloud, cloud to ground.....really spectacular!

food has been ok....the 1st two nights' dinners were sent back tiwce as they were cold. after visiting with the GR manager and hotel director things have gotten a LITTLE better....

getting off the ship was annoying! very disorganized....no announcement made about NOT crowding or sitting on stairs....safety hazard! finally cleared aroud 9AM...took 30 minutes to disembark!:mad:

did quick shopping....then i shall head back to the ship and see if mom wants to see the area for a minute. am heading to atlantis for a look around in a little while!

more later as i get a chance!

i had composed a nice live post but for some reason the ship's internet kept kicking me off....STILL trying to get it refunded as i am not going to bother......if they wont refund it then i will have to type short fast posts.....hahaha!

well.....i can't think of anything else........if i do i will pop by later....

i still can't find my way around...the ship is kind of confusing with all the twists and turns.....IMO it is very dark and everything looks the same.....all the "nekkid cherubs" can be confusing as they are EVERYWHERE and they all look the same....(well in most cases they are NEKKID!!):eek:;):D

the one good thing so far....not really too long of a wait for elevators....

the dining is a MESS though...it really is CARNIVAL's Choice dining.....the traffic jams, even at scheduled dinner times are worse than the DC beltway at 5PM!!!!

we wound up with late dining.......we're making it work......hve a table for 2 in the captain's club section......

gotta run!

Can't wait for your review but it is scary.. sounds like it is not going to be positive. I'm really interested in hearing about your car service experience as I need to transport 8 people from the hotel.

Hope you had some fun.

Archived