Join Me Onboard Seabourn Odyssey For Pre-Inaugural Peek!

SueBryantCruiseUK

Sue,

I'm enjoying reading your live blog! I'm curious to know whether you think Seabourn is positioning this ship as a means to entice new-to-luxury customers -- and if there's anything specific about the Odyssey experience that is enough to convince someone who's on the fence to make the jump. Luxury cruising might not be for us now, but maybe someday (my husband is having a heart attack somewhere right now! :) )

Melissa

I think Odyssey is certainly aimed at this market and Pam Conover confirmed at the press conference on Tuesday that 2009 had seen a 90% increase over 2008 in people cruising with Seabourn for the first time. The average age on some cruises, such as the seven night Med voyages, is down to late 40s so younger people are clearly being attracted to the brand.

Howard Frank (vice chairman of Carnival Corporation) also mentioned that Odyssey had been designed to appeal to contemporary tastes, giving the different restaurants, the big spa and gym, features like the iPod docks and the general boutique feel of the ship as examples.

I'd personally make the jump for the service, the all-inclusivity (it's a very social ship and you do tend to spend a lot of time at the bar) and the beautiful staterooms, as well as the food. Although the Med season is pretty full, there's still space for the Caribbean this fall so maybe there will be bargains to be had!

There's also this on board video on You Tube. She looks great.

Thanks Mikey

Most interesting. Hopefully the person with the video camera will be making more posts

nice link for the video!

i am enjoying following the blog, keep it up:) looks like a nice ship for sure, but spa thing is a bit too much IMHO

Sue "signed off" several days ago. You might want to check out the Seabourn board for more up to date postings..

Host Dan

Archived