Who's going to Alaska in 2010?

brunolvr

We haven't booked yet but plan on next July...not sure which ship/cruise line. We want to do the land and sea. Anyone doing both? Also, any help or hints from past cruisers on the land and cruise would be great. Only thing I have been told by TA is to do land first (to Denali etc) as it is more tiresome and we would have the cruise to recoop a little!

We have been on various cruise lines over the years Italy, Caribbean, etc but NEVER to Alaska..it is my husband's choice and he can't wait.

We haven't booked yet but plan on next July...not sure which ship/cruise line. We want to do the land and sea. Anyone doing both? Also, any help or hints from past cruisers on the land and cruise would be great. Only thing I have been told by TA is to do land first (to Denali etc) as it is more tiresome and we would have the cruise to recoop a little!

We have been on various cruise lines over the years Italy, Caribbean, etc but NEVER to Alaska..it is my husband's choice and he can't wait.

I would recommend the land portion first. Talking to cruisers that have done both , they mostly recommend doing the land first. Your TA was correct the land portion could be more tiring.

Hi -

We are booked on the Millennium for July 2 - 9.

If you're also in the DFW area, and your cruise (on any ship) is in May to early June OR after July 16, we need to talk. Please post on this board and let's make plans to share our milepost guidebook.

-Liz

• 2 weeks later...

Several years ago on my first cruise, I too celebrated a birthday -- not a milestone -- however, on the night of my birthday, the ENTIRE MDR room sang a robust rendition of Happy Birthday :o as well as delivering a special dessert to me.

I was very touched -- my dad put them up to it since he's got 12+ cruises under his belt -- I actually cried. I will never forget it.

Wishing you Happy Birthday in advance.

PS -- my upcoming cruise is a birthday/anniversary combo gift -- I turned 50 a couple of months ago ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived