Who's going to Alaska in 2010?

brunolvr

I just got back from the Radiance OTS last Friday, and we booked the Radiance OTS for next June 25th again! Can't wait!!

You should check out our very active AZ Cruiser's thread! Click on the link in my siggy below. Some of us are going on the Radiance to Cabo together on September 30, also.:)

This will be our second cruise, the first one too long ago in 2006. I just put a deposit down for the Seattle to Vancouver cruise, booked a balcony cabin thanks to some advice on this board.

And even though over a year away I am obsessed by this cruise and am reading everything I can get my hands on about the various ports and tours.

Gary

Hi fsdj,

Yes, I remember reading about your SWEET upgrades on the roll call before your cruise. Lucky you!! Yes, we've already alerted our TA that we are more than interested in hearing about any upgrades or upsells they might have. She's a good lady and I know she'll keep her eyes and ears open. Right now, we're booked in those supposedly "secret outside cabins" on the aft Navigation Deck - 7056 for us and 7055 for our friends. I understand from other posts and from photos that there is a private, little known public deck right outside our doors, plus easy access up the steps to the Lido or the elevator almost right to the DR door. Works for me! The best of both worlds because I DO love my balcony in Alaska! If we don't get an upgrade or upsell, I think I'll be perfectly happy where we are.

Great to hear your encouragement about the Amsterdam. She looks like a fine ship and I'm really anxious to get on board (can you tell????). We've only ever sailed the Oosterdam before and have grown quite fond of her, but I love the idea of a smaller, more intimate ship. Heck ANY HAL ship sailing north to Alaska is fine by me!!!

Did you or anyone in your group partake of the spa services at all? I just did a day pass to the thermal suites last cruise, and now I'm afraid I'm hooked! I hesitate though getting a pass for the entire cruise, simply because the itinerary is so port intensive. Maybe I'll just stick to day passes on the sea days and be happy with that! Also have to have atleast one massage while on board - talk about "Calgon take me away...!!!"

Looking forward to some time on deck and at the Sea View Bar - our personal favorites. Love being outside at the Sea View (oh wait...there IS one on the Amsterdam, isn't there??? Please say yes!!!)

Thanks for all your informative comments and I'll look forward to hearing more from you and others as time goes by and our adventure approaches!:p

Hey Coral. I remember asking you all sorts of questions from our Sun Princess 2005 cruise. I think you were on a week or two before us. At that time, it was our first cruise, and now we are going back to Alaska, but unfortunately not on Princess.

That must have been it!

Enjoy Alaska! The ports looks the same regardless of what ship you are on :)

I leave tomorrow and I can't wait to get out of Nebraska's heat right now!

Going on the Sapphire Princess 6/13/2010, roundtrip Seattle. We have one of those large balcony rooms on the Caribe Deck.

Isn't the Sapphire doing one-ways out of Vancouver this year? What ship will she be replacing next year or is Princess adding a ship out of Seattle?

Has anyone noticed that the prices for next year are quite a bit higher than they are for this year? Hopefully they'll be some good sales that we'll be able to take advantage of!:)

Yes I have noticed. This is why I have not booked yet. I am trying to decide between the NCL Star, NCL Pearl, and the Carnival Spirit. The Spirit is so much lower that the other two. We will be sailing with our two teenagers so space is an issue. We are looking at AB's, adjoining balconies, and Carnival's connecting inside with a balcony.

I am also worried that Carnival will not offer the excursion at Tracy Arm which sounds like it is a great experience.

We were originally booked on the Golden Princess but switched to the Carnival Spirit due to pricing. We save $1400 (for two of us) by doing that and got a balcony instead of a OV to boot!:D I've never sailed Carnival, but this was a price difference I couldn't ignore.:D

We were originally booked on the Golden Princess but switched to the Carnival Spirit due to pricing. We save $1400 (for two of us) by doing that and got a balcony instead of a OV to boot!:D I've never sailed Carnival, but this was a price difference I couldn't ignore.:D

I agree, the Carnival prices are much better for us as well. We were on the Carnival Miracle last summer. The Miracle and the Spirit are both Spirit class ships and are identical. We loved the layout of the Miracle and the open deck spaces. It was our first Carnival cruise in 18 years and we loved the cruise. I think that the ship will be great. I am just not sure about the itinerary differences out of Seattle.

Yes I have noticed. This is why I have not booked yet. I am trying to decide between the NCL Star, NCL Pearl, and the Carnival Spirit. The Spirit is so much lower that the other two. We will be sailing with our two teenagers so space is an issue. We are looking at AB's, adjoining balconies, and Carnival's connecting inside with a balcony.

I am also worried that Carnival will not offer the excursion at Tracy Arm which sounds like it is a great experience.

We're booked on the Spirit for late May 2010 and yes, we were told that they will do the Tracy Arm Fjord. I just returned from 7 days on the Golden Princess and like many other Alaskan cruises this summer we were diverted to Endicott Arm because it was too foggy and icy in Tracy Arm. I loved Endicott Arm!

Archived