Anyone going on Seadream II Aug. 15th 2009?

Never at home

Hi, Everyone.

I am going on my first SeaDream cruise and have a few questions. I have cruised a lot on big ships and have chartered my own yachts but was wondering about small ship dress code. Any input? Also, there seem to be no excursions left. Is that normal or do you book them aboard ship? Also, any hints about Croacia?

Thanks for any input. I am so excited!!!

Hi, Everyone.

I am going on my first SeaDream cruise and have a few questions. I have cruised a lot on big ships and have chartered my own yachts but was wondering about small ship dress code. Any input? Also, there seem to be no excursions left. Is that normal or do you book them aboard ship? Also, any hints about Croacia?

Thanks for any input. I am so excited!!!

I think you will find this closest to when you chartered your own yachts. Dress code will be similar. What you wish, but nicely done. Book excursions on board. Visit the concierge as soon as practicable when on board. We have never been refused an excursion. As far as Croatia, never been there--yet. All the best,

J&L

We'll be getting off in Vencie on August 15 as you are getting on board, so I don't have much to offer about Croatia other that what I've read off the internet. Sea Dream doesn't book shore excursions in advance, so you will be fine booking on the ship. Its very different than larger cruise lines.

Dress is best desribed as "resort casual" -- shorts and polo shirts are good bets away from the pool during the day (breakfast and lunch), and simple yet tasteful in the evenings. No gowns, jackets, or ties required -- dress like you would if you were going out with a group of friends to a typical nice contemporary restaurant at home. Many women wear light pants suits or summer dresses, and many men wear Tommy Bahama style clothes. A few will dress up a little more because they want to, but not required.

Dinner is at 7:30 PM. We usually go ashore in the morning, try to be back to the ship by 1:00, and then enjoy lunch, drinks, and the pool during the afternoon.

Archived