Insight on the ship "Holiday"

I am trying to talk a friend into cruising to the caribbean. She is not crazy about the idea, but I feel she would love it if she would just try it. I found a really good price on the Holiday for next month, but it is a small ship and I wonder about the rocking motion while sailing. They have a boat so I do not think she will get motion sickness, I am just not sure this is the best ship for introducing a person to cruising.

Any reviews would be great.

Thanks

Holiday is Cheap and a great ship for a first cruise! It does tend to rock a bit more than the larger ships and has less glitter and glam than the larger ships but she will not know the difference if this is her first cruise!:)

Lonnie

I think the Holiday is a wonderful ship. The staff is super and this is the best services I have gotten on a cruise. The holiday will have more motion because it does not have stabilizers. It also does not have the grand atrium which is the only thing I truly missed on my Holiday cruise. We also invited first time cruisers on this cruise and they had a blast. (even during the swine flu crisis.) I think a small ship is a good way to introduce cruising as it is not as overwhelming as the mega ships, although I still perfer smaller cruise ships.

We have been on the Holiday 7 times and love it, never had a problem. The crew is THE BEST. The only problem would be if they have been reading a lot of the brochures and expecting things like the grand atrium, they might be a little dissapointed. However, I reccomend it to a lot of my friends. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

I've sailed her twice in the last two years and enjoyed both cruises very much. Seasickness seems to be hit or miss. Unfortunately, you never know until you get there. There is more motion on a smaller ship such as Holiday and it always depends on the seas and weather so it's hard to tell if one would be bothered or not! I suggest ginger tabs and ginger ale as a preventative. Most of the seasick meds have unpleasant side effects and ginger has proven to be as effective as most.

I think Holiday is a great choice for a first time cruiser!

I would look at another ship if I was taking someone on their 1st cruise. The Holiday will be lacking that wow factor as you board a larger ship in the Atrium area. This ship is also lacking balconies and there could be issues with the stability of the ship in high seas.

Archived