Has anyone been on the MS Neptune on the Nile?

shadowdiver

Ask and ye shall receive! Gate 1 is all it is cracked up to be. Just got back from Thailand and I gotta tell ya, it was wonderful. The guide, Chai, was the bomb. The hotels were first class and unique. The optional excursions were special and inexpensive. The transportation was first grade.

I will definitely do Gate 1 again.

If you are looking to find a replacement trip for Egypt, consider Thailand or any of the Southeast Asian trips.

Blessings to all,

Suzie

Suzie,

I am happy that you reported on your trip. This thread has been so much fun, it has been missed. Pleased that Gate 1 was wonderful. But I am even happier that Thailand was everything you wanted it to be. As I had mentioned, after living there, it is the BEST place to visit. We have just decided to go back next winter and rent a condo on the beach for a month.

We leave for our Gate 1 trip to Scotland, two weeks from today. Will report back when we return.

Kathy

I will definitely add Thailand to my bucket list. I've been looking at the Ecuador trip and the hotels and tours look awesome, also there's a great price right now on Vietnam through 6/24 for 2012

I leave for India on the 29th and will report back - funny how we can't let this go. If any of you are on facebook, let's all be friends so we can keep in touch:-)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone is looking anymore. :confused: However, we just returned from a Gate 1 substitute for Egypt. We did a 6 Day to Edinburgh, Scotland. It was fantastic...too short...but Gate 1 did really well by us. The hotel (Novotel City Centre) was very good, with wonderful breakfast included. It is located right by the Edinburgh Castle. We took off on foot for the day and saw all the important sights. The location also allowed us to take a 1.20 pound priced bus to and from the airport. The stop is right across from the hotel. The two bus tours to Loch Ness and to St. Andrews were reasonably priced and excellent quality, and we are NOT bus tour people. You are only there for 3 1/2 days, but it is good value for the money. Go Gate 1, will use you again! :) We are also booked with them to go to Budapest and Prague on May 3. Can't wait!

We would recommend this tour to anyone interested in Scotland, possibly add a day or two, just to enjoy it more.

Archived