Another Live blog on Odyssey

(apologies to CC :rolleyes:!)

Per Seabourn's blog:

Did you know that USA Today’s Gene Sloan is live blogging from Odyssey this week? If we can boast a bit, we’d like to point out one of Gene’s comments….

“Similar in size and layout to rival Silversea’s bigger ships (Silver Whisper and Silver Shadow,) the Odyssey boasts a far more stylish, sophisticated decor and design with several downright spectacular public areas. It is, quite simply, a game-changer for the luxury market.”

(apologies to CC :rolleyes:!)

Per Seabourn's blog:

Did you know that USA Today’s Gene Sloan is live blogging from Odyssey this week? If we can boast a bit, we’d like to point out one of Gene’s comments….

“Similar in size and layout to rival Silversea’s bigger ships (Silver Whisper and Silver Shadow,) the Odyssey boasts a far more stylish, sophisticated decor and design with several downright spectacular public areas. It is, quite simply, a game-changer for the luxury market.”

No problem with posting this blog Bluewatercruiser! Its fine to have a chance to look at different impresssions of the 2 day cruise to nowhere! Gene Sloan is a respected Cruise Journalist.

Thanks for the link!

Host Dan

A very informative and interesting blog!

Now I can see why Mrs. Conover looked quite tired if I may say so, having met her earlier this year. Lots of worries!

It will be interesting as well to hear and read how things are at the moment, while guests are on board for the Maiden Voyage.....

Marja

I have never had the opportunity to meet Ms. Conover, but if I were in her shoes, I think it would be better to concentrate on what she has to do vs. how she looks.

As an executive who also works many complex projects, I can deeply emphathize with all she's had on her plate -- this isn't just a new ship - it's an entirely new product line and direction for Seabourn. She has to also be concerned about maintaining brand loyalty from all of her triplet fans all in a economy which makes bringing in new customers very difficult.

I say "well done" to both Ms. Conover and the entire Seabourn team. They also know the launch was only the first part. Once the excitement dies down about Odyssey, they still have to keep up the triplet's quality and fend off concerns about service deterioriation or sell-off rumours (I understand that is a common topic among the cruise industry).

I think what has been intriguing to me is how they are handling their training programs -- and I would like to hear more about it. They aren't just training up for Odyssey, but Sojurn as well. OTJ training is expensive anywhere but essential for top-service levels. On a small ship, this is also just a logistical nightmare. The amount of cash being lavished on the new ships is a financial and a PR problem if they don't maintain the same attention and service to the smaller ships.

I am just so thankful that my biggest worries on Seabourn are what to have for dinner.

Marga

And no, I am not bucking for an upgrade or onboard credit!:p

Having read the previous posts, all I want to say is: The reason why I mentioned that Mrs. Conover looked tired (and I meant in the interview), was because I do fully understand how stressful the last couple of weeks (or months even) must have been for her. I was just concerned; no criticism whatsoever! Her speech and the way she looked then were great, my sincere compliments! But some of us remember what happened to Seabourn's previous president.....

Have a nice weekend all!

Marja

I have been following Pam Conover's posts on Twitter and IMNSHO, they are not nearly as frequent as I w would like! I think they all are having too much fun and have forgotten all about us back here, waiting with bated breath. <g>

I have been following Pam Conover's posts on Twitter and IMNSHO, they are not nearly as frequent as I w would like! I think they all are having too much fun and have forgotten all about us back here, waiting with bated breath. <g>

Jane,

I don't "do" Twitter or IMNSHO (Cruise Critic and facebook is plenty for me), but I do hope Mrs. Conover is indeed having "too much fun" after the stressful times they all had! We will have the reviews in a little while!

(Check your own signature......)

Marja

Archived