Past guest questions

bluehenfan

When I booked my 1st Carnival cruise for 6/6/09, I was asked if I was a past guest, which of course I wasn't. When I booked 2nd CCL cruise for 9/26/09 a few weeks later we were still a month from cruise #1 ,so again I wasn't a past cruiser. Now that we've been on that 1st cruise, when we go on cruise #2 will we get invited to past guest party even though I had said no when asked when booking? Do I have to call a PVP and remind them or will it automatically register as a past guest? Also, does anyone know why some ships are still giving out past guest pins and others aren't ??

I would suggest logging into carnival's web site, and looking at your cruise history (I think that's what it's called). If you don't see anything listed there, then you can call your PVP and make sure that your profile is updated with your cruise.

As to the ship pins, :confused:! I wish I could have gotten one for the Holiday when I sailed last month, especially since she's leaving CCL. I did not realize that some ships still have a supply - I'll keep my fingers crossed for Legend pins in September.

I'm not to sure that logging on to the website will help.

As both my wife and I are enjoyable VIP members.

None of our cruises show up on our history, ZIP not one ! :D

After years of trying to correct this, it just got boring .:rolleyes:

Everyone else but the website knows . GRIN !

I'm sure the OP will enjoy the past guest party on the second cruise .

You don't have to look at your history to see if you're registered as a past guest. Your past guest # should appear at the top of the page, next to "Welcome [Your Name]".

If you check in and your sail & sign cards are not "gold," then just let guest services know that you are a returning guest and would like to attend the past guest party.

As far as pins, well, they give those out until their supply is exhausted, then no more pins. (There were no pins on the Glory last month.) :(

Oh no :( When did they announce no more pins?

I realize they may not be the most exciting thing for everyone, but I was getting proud of my growing collection. Even if they were available for sale at a reasonable price it would be nice.

Also, when you look at your documents, the first page should have a letter. If it says "Welcome back" that's a good sign. Then scroll down to your boarding pass. You should see past guest checked off, and your past guest number next to it. That's how I found out I was in the system anyhow!

I'd check online to see if your cruise shows once you're back from the first one. All of mine do. Could call Carnival to update too.

I was told by a TA they have shut down some call centers so there may be a long queue. . .

I would think you'd be invited to the past guest party. If you don't show a history online and your TA can't rectify with Carnival, just bring the final bill or something from the first cruise and go to Guest Svcs so you can get your invitation to the past guest party.

I got a pin on Miracle this past May.

I would also look online to see if your past guest # shows up. If it does no need to worry. If it doesn't you can call or correct it on check in.

Fantasy is still giving out past guest pins. DH and I just got ours. I am also bummed they aren't giving them out anymore. I know many don't want them, but there are a lot of people that like to keep them. I would also pay for one at a reasonable price.

Archived