Best days for alternative dining on fos

Hello to all, just a quick question about the dining on Freedom of the Seas. The wife and I booked the FOS departing Port Canaveral on Nov. 1st, 09. Western Caribbean. First day at sea, then Labadee, Ocho Rios, Cayman Islands, Cozumel, last day at sea. If anyone had this itinerary we would like to know what would be the two best nights to make reservations at the alternitive dining venues, i.e. Portofino and Chops. I know Caribbean night in the main dining room is a good one to avoid. I know from past cruises with RCCL (7) that each ship pretty much stays with the same menu lineup on every cruise.

Thanks for any help. Joe and Libby Wright, Philadelphia, PA

we are on that sailing too. Its a Hogs on the High seas cruise. Should be alot of fun. Make sure you sign up for the meet and mingle. Someone else told me the best nites are the 3rd and 6th nites, but I could be wrong. Anyway enjoy your cruise.

Jay - Your first night in main dining room you can ask your head waiter to look at his menu schedule and call over to a specialty restaurant and get you a reservation. On the Explorer, I made a reservation and the head waiter said oh you do not want to miss main dining that night. He called over to Portofino and changed our reservation which I was not able to get that time or night originally.

Jay - Your first night in main dining room you can ask your head waiter to look at his menu schedule and call over to a specialty restaurant and get you a reservation. On the Explorer, I made a reservation and the head waiter said oh you do not want to miss main dining that night. He called over to Portofino and changed our reservation which I was not able to get that time or night originally.

Thanks Pat, your feedback is appreciated. What I'm trying to do is get the best nights to book before we embark on the ship. I plan on reserving the specialty restaurants on the web site at RCCL in advance. I'm making it for at least four people and maybe as many as six. By the way I was on the Explorer back in 2001. It was fairly new at the time and we had a great cruise. Take care.

Archived