Who has stayed at Hotel Montecarlo in Barcelona?

Olwyn

I know there are a ton of threads here about hotels in Barcelona, but I am surprised that more people don't enquire about Hotel Montecarlo??!!

It is shown as Number 1 on Trip Advisor...and yet it seems that most people stay at The Continental.

We are reserved at Montecarlo, and I would love to hear a few pro's and cons from folks who have stayed there.

We have 2 nights Pre-Cruise at the end of August.

Thanks so much!

Olwyn:D

I know there are a ton of threads here about hotels in Barcelona, but I am surprised that more people don't enquire about Hotel Montecarlo??!!

It is shown as Number 1 on Trip Advisor...and yet it seems that most people stay at The Continental.

We are reserved at Montecarlo, and I would love to hear a few pro's and cons from folks who have stayed there.

We have 2 nights Pre-Cruise at the end of August.

Thanks so much!

Olwyn:D

People that recommend Continental rave about it here because of the location, cost and the value they think it is. There isn't much more to it than that. Very simple, non luxury, plastic furnishings etc. Guests like the free snack bar and free drink availibility too. It's just different.

No, MOST people don't stay at the C. It IS popular tho. There are sooo many hotels in BCN to choose from. But here if a poster find a value like the Contininetal, many people do follow that lead.

We got a great rate at Hotel Jazz. Close to the Continental's rate and we have a much nicer place for our 3 days there. We're happy.:)

I will be going to the Med in May 2010. Looking over my choices, I also see that Hotel C is highly recommended on the boards but doesn't seem like something I'd be interested. I too was looking at other motels and as we get closer I will make up my mind and book. I don't know where I'll end up but looking at Monetcarlo, NH Duc La Victoria, Olivia and maybe Regina. I really want a place pretty centrally located but a little more off the beaten track so we can get some sleep at some point w/o having to worry about all the Ramblas noise.

I stayed at the Montecarlo last year prior to my cruise. I found it to be well located (right on Las Ramblas near the Barri Gotic district). It was not the least expensive place to stay, but we like the ambiance, an old building with modern facilities.

As far as noise from the street that is no worry. They have great double windows and shutters that cut off the noise and light. We managed to sleep in til almost noon on our first morning (jet lag).

The help at the front desk was very helpful and the doorman will flag down a taxi for you. The beds are also different, having the abiblity to raise the head and knees for your comfort, sor of like a hospital bed.

I would certainly stay there again. Hope you have a great time no matter where you end up staying.

Archived