Were you bothered by second hand smoke in your balcony?

Assuming you are not just pulling our collective legs, I do sympathize with the situation.

Life ain't always fair.

You could do as many have suggested, to talk to your smoking neighbours and see if you can work out a friendly arrangement for when you want to lie down on the balcony, and you might want to consider closing your doors before lying down in your room.

That is not to say that I don't feel for you, as you have some exceptional circumstances.

I suppose if I was bound to a wheelchair, I could find a lot of things to complain about, not that I'm saying I would, just saying I could.

What a mean response.Your Mom must be proud.I feel sorry for you.

You really don't get it.....

Smoking on the balcony is permitted.

Loud music and noise is not.

It's YOU who were in the wrong here.

I'd have picked up the phone and turned you in in a heartbeat.

WOW!! You have left me speechless with YOUR rudeness!! Remind me never to book a cruise you might be on.. Your comment is out of order, my dear. Please advise us of your planned cruises.

Helen

This thread has run its course and needs to be locked and closed. I have seen more personal attacks on this board in the last week then in the last several years. This is supposed to be an exchange of information (good and bad) and the moderators really should lock threads that become so negative and nasty. Non smokers are always going to have to deal with smokers and smokers are always going to have to deal with non smokers dismay.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July! We are all lucky enough to have been on or be going on a cruise!

So sorry.

I have a lot more complex thoughts than either my fingers or brain can put into words.

I certainly did not mean that.

Heck, if you did stick them all into a closet, they would die from all the second hand smoke.icim3r-5.gif

You are a funny person, I did not need an apology, I was just passing a view. Thanks hope to cruise with you one day.

This thread has run its course and needs to be locked and closed. I have seen more personal attacks on this board in the last week then in the last several years. This is supposed to be an exchange of information (good and bad) and the moderators really should lock threads that become so negative and nasty. Non smokers are always going to have to deal with smokers and smokers are always going to have to deal with non smokers dismay.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July! We are all lucky enough to have been on or be going on a cruise!

We all know that after the question has been answer it goes downhill from there.I believe most are just have fun with their post.I'm sure nearly all who post are Good People in real life

You are a funny person, I did not need an apology, I was just passing a view. Thanks hope to cruise with you one day.
Me too, and who knows? Maybe one day we will.

I just wish that others thought I was half as funny as I think I am.

(I said that once at a poker table, and a fellow across from me dwelt upon it for a minute, and replied, "You're right. You are only half as funny as you think you are!")

Again I say, I feel for you.

I'm afraid that my ole' body ain't much better.

Pain is a familiar friend of mine.

I'm inconvenienced by it all the time, but I am very happy and eternally grateful for being alive and to be so fortunate as to live under the circumstances that I do.

It appears to me that you also have a good attitude, and attitude counts for everything.

It's the difference between being happy and not.

I'd agree with that; it's not always possible to be happy but NOTHING is going to stop me enjoying my cruise, it's been the only thing keeping me going. I've kept excited and optimistic throughout all the RCI bashing and even if some smoke gets onto my balcony I'm STILL going to enjoy my cruise!

And I hope nobody asks my IQ....it used to be OK but since the drugs and the pain patches I have trouble even staying awake, let alone taking an IQ test :)

This thread has run its course and needs to be locked and closed. I have seen more personal attacks on this board in the last week then in the last several years. This is supposed to be an exchange of information (good and bad) and the moderators really should lock threads that become so negative and nasty.

I agree completely

A comment was made - "Wasn't this thread about rude smokers?"

No - that was not the intent

Never been on a balcony, I wondered about air flow on balconies.

Seems that if you had a balcony on back part of the hump, the smoke would just stay there.

I should have worded my post differently,

Has smoke ever drifted into your balcony?

instead of

Have you ever been bothered by smoke on your balcony?

That was my fault. I am sorry.

Happy 4th of July :)

I agree! The OP's question was reasonable and valid, and I think it's been answered-- some have been bothered by smoke, some haven't, and it generally depends on the luck of the draw. There's no need for non-smokers to be rude to smokers, but there's likewise no need for smokers to try to downplay the concerns of non-smokers on the subject. If the OP is very sensitive to smoke, they may want to re-consider getting a balcony as there is no way to guarantee that you won't be bothered by smoke. Each person needs to judge for themselves how important not smelling smoke is to them and decide for themselves whether it would be a significant damper on their cruise if they end up next to somebody who frequently smokes on the adjacent (or even not-so-adjacent) balcony. JMHO. Happy Fourth!

I agree completely

A comment was made - "Wasn't this thread about rude smokers?"

No - that was not the intent

Happy 4th of July :)

Actually that was a response to someone who Said ISN'T THIS THREAD ABOUT RUDE NON-SMOKERS

I agree! The OP's question was reasonable and valid, and I think it's been answered-- some have been bothered by smoke, some haven't, and it generally depends on the luck of the draw. There's no need for non-smokers to be rude to smokers, but there's likewise no need for smokers to try to downplay the concerns of non-smokers on the subject. JMHO. Happy Fourth!

but some smokers were being insultingly rude to non smokers.There is no reason for smokers to be rude to non-smokers .

but some smokers were being insultingly rude to non smokers.There is no reason for smokers to be rude to non-smokers .

Which is why I said "and likewise no need for smokers to downplay the concerns of non-smokers on the subject." :confused:

yeah - no doubt...this has really gotten bad...and I've read some bad threads .... :( people who are in the vicinity of other people will have to endure lots of stuff....I have to say we must be tolerant to all types of things that 'bother' us...or just stay home where you are in total control 24/7.

WOW!! You have left me speechless with YOUR rudeness!! Remind me never to book a cruise you might be on.. Your comment is out of order, my dear. Please advise us of your planned cruises.

G'ma wasn't being rude...she was simply stating a fact, but you certainly couldn't resist being 'rude' for no reason.

Archived