Do you need advice about Stockholm?

acjb

Frihamnen from Gamla Stan? You don't need the T-Bana. The 76 bus runs onto Gamla Stan. In fact, I think the next stop after Slussen is the one right beside the palace.

I fact #76 seems to stop twice in Gamla Stan, first at "Räntmästartrappan" where the Djurgården ferry goes and then at "Slottsbacken" (Palace Hill).

Dont even consider going to Slussen in this case.

But you could consider as mentioned earlier here taking the subway #13 (red) north to Karlaplan (exit Valhallavägen if I remember correctly) or Gärdet and change to bus #1 there.

Edited by Ultima Thule

Thank you for the great info. Where can we buy the '24 hour travel card'? Is there a machine by the port that accepts credit cards??, Is there a tourist info booth near by??> I know we must have a ticket in order to ride the buses, but can we buy this all day card near the dock??

Do any of the HoHo lines come anywhere near Frihamnen on a Sunday. I was told there was a sort of link up at 10 AM to Frihamnen. Is this so??

And one last question (I hope) besides the Stochholm card, are there any sort of discounts for the Vasa Museum??

Was at the Vasa Museum a week ago today and there were no special discounts. There was a discount for a combination ticket for Vasa and the Titanic exhibit. We did that and it was certainly interesting.

We are ariving on the Emerald Princess on Sunday August 16th, I would like to know if we can purchace some Corona (mexican beer) at a store near the dock to bring back on the ship. I only drink Corona beer and would like to buy some to bring on the ship??

Thanks,

Might I suggest expanding your horizons and trying something new? I don't personally think you'll have a lot of luck.

I will be on Emerald Princess. The frist thing I want to do is go to Vasa museum. I read on the CC that I can buy one way HOHO boat to the Vasa. Is this correct? How much the ticket cost? From my understanding that is the fastest way to go there.

What bus or tram number that I need to take from Vasa to City Hall?

After that I plan to go to Royal Palace and then Gamla Stan. How much time I need to get back from the ship? What bus or tram number?

Thank you.

I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this question. I found a website for the Djurgården Ferries (Slussen to Djurgården) and it has a timetable that seems to provide a schedule thru September 13th only. I have never heard this before. Does the ferry service stop after 9/13 or am i reading this incorrectly? We dock at Stadsgarden on the 15th.

http://www.waxholmsbolaget.com/djurgardsfarjor/en/djurgardsfarjor.aspx

Thanks,

I'm hoping someone will be able to answer this question. I found a website for the Djurgården Ferries (Slussen to Djurgården) and it has a timetable that seems to provide a schedule thru September 13th only. I have never heard this before. Does the ferry service stop after 9/13 or am i reading this incorrectly? We dock at Stadsgarden on the 15th.

http://www.waxholmsbolaget.com/djurgardsfarjor/en/djurgardsfarjor.aspx

Thanks,

Well, the ferry from Slussen to Djurgården runs all year. The schedule will probably change slightly and they will post a new one, but rest assured the boats will be running.

Al

Well, the ferry from Slussen to Djurgården runs all year. The schedule will probably change slightly and they will post a new one, but rest assured the boats will be running.

Al

Thanks for the info. I have one more question (for now!!). How long is the walk from where we dock at Stadsgarden to the ferry terminal (assuming a moderate pace)?

Edited by msmoger

Thanks for the info. I have one more question (for now!!). How long is the walk from where we dock at Stadsgarden to the ferry terminal (assuming a moderate pace)?

Hello.

From Stadsgården I think it takes 20-30 minutes to walk to "Slussen" there the ferry to Djurgården are.

In other way, it is a plenty of buses from Stadsgården, all of them are going to Slussen (the final station for buses from Stadsgården). A trip is about 3-4 minutes and costs 30 Swedish crowns.

Hello.

From Stadsgården I think it takes 20-30 minutes to walk to "Slussen" there the ferry to Djurgården are.

In other way, it is a plenty of buses from Stadsgården, all of them are going to Slussen (the final station for buses from Stadsgården). A trip is about 3-4 minutes and costs 30 Swedish crowns.

Thanks for the response. Do you know what the bus route number(s) are? Also, where is the bus stop in relationship to where the Emerald docks (Stadsgarden Quay 167)?

Thanks,

Thanks for the response. Do you know what the bus route number(s) are? Also, where is the bus stop in relationship to where the Emerald docks (Stadsgarden Quay 167)?

The bus stop is on the main road just outside the port area where the ship will be docked. There are several buses that stop there and I believe they all go to Slussen. Just ask the driver to make sure.

Don’t forget that it is not possible to pay on the bus, you will need a ticket or a 24 Hour Transport Card or a Stockholm Card before you board. I recommend a stop at the information shop, where you get off the ship, to buy the 24 hour transport card. That card is valid for all public transport within Stockholm and it includes the ferry from Slussen.

The bus stop is on the main road just outside the port area where the ship will be docked. There are several buses that stop there and I believe they all go to Slussen. Just ask the driver to make sure.

Don’t forget that it is not possible to pay on the bus, you will need a ticket or a 24 Hour Transport Card or a Stockholm Card before you board. I recommend a stop at the information shop, where you get off the ship, to buy the 24 hour transport card. That card is valid for all public transport within Stockholm and it includes the ferry from Slussen.

Thanks for your response. We already have the Stockholm Card and I realize (unfortunately :mad:) that it doesn't include the Slussen Ferry. Will we need SEK to pay for the ferry or do they take credit cards? If SEK are needed for the ferry, do you know if there is an ATM at the Ferry Dock? I believe I read there is not one at Stadsgarden.

Thanks,

Thanks for your response. We already have the Stockholm Card and I realize (unfortunately :mad:) that it doesn't include the Slussen Ferry. Will we need SEK to pay for the ferry or do they take credit cards? If SEK are needed for the ferry, do you know if there is an ATM at the Ferry Dock? I believe I read there is not one at Stadsgarden.

Thanks,

When I have used the ferry (not this summer) they did take credit cards. so it seems very likely they still do.

As for ATM near Stadsgården I did check this last summer and there was one inside the Viking Terminal, very close to where the cruise ships dock, in the same port area. There is no ATM at the ferry dock, and I haven't looked for one around the Slussen area.

When I have used the ferry (not this summer) they did take credit cards. so it seems very likely they still do.

As for ATM near Stadsgården I did check this last summer and there was one inside the Viking Terminal, very close to where the cruise ships dock, in the same port area. There is no ATM at the ferry dock, and I haven't looked for one around the Slussen area.

You are very helpful.

Thank-you.

Thanks,

Greetings,

Just curious, why not pick up some "bus money" from your cruise ship? Any ship I have been on can make money exchanges.

Have a good time,

Al

Greetings,

Just curious, why not pick up some "bus money" from your cruise ship? Any ship I have been on can make money exchanges.

Have a good time,

Al

That's what we plan on doing. :) Again, thanks for all your help.

Hi Expert :)

We will be in Stockholm on Sunday the 6th. We would like to go from City Hall after the noon tour to Gamla Stan and then from there back to the Frihamnen dock. Can you please tell me the best way to accomplish that?

THANKS!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where can we purchase a transport card ? Do they sell them online ? We have been to Stockholm before, so this time we're just going back to the Vasa and the Gamla Stan.

If we purchased individual tkts for the buses do they only take coins (kroner )?

Sorry, one more question, what is there to see on Grinda Island ? Another option for us. We'll be there July 2010 on the Disney Magic with our Grandson

(15 yr).

Thank you !