Get a Load of This Uprising On Board

MrPete

There was what about 2800 on that ship and 500 were upset with missing 2 ports? That's about 17% of the people on the ship. Sounds about right. That isn't a lot of people... There will always be about 20% of people that will not be happy when their plans don't go the way they want.

I have also missed ports and had medical emergency happen... I guess we have been lucky that we didn't have people like that on our cruises... One cruise we missed 2 ports out of 3. Second cruise we had to return to Port Canaveral for a crew medical emergency. Third cruise we had a noro visus out break... No up rising..

Just some people can't deal with changes in their schedules.. I too would be disappointed in missing those ports.. But then I would get over it.. My husband lost his video camera in a cab on Barbados on one of our cruises. We were upset for a while, but still enjoyed the rest of our cruise...

Sometime things don't go as planned and you make the best of it.. I have had many family vacations that were disasters!!!! But we look back and they were the ones we remember LOL.

Its not the cruise line... These people would have been upset if something didn't go as planned on ANY VACATION they took...

Yes i bet they might be embarassed to be part of it too. But they were, so they must of felt they were missing out on what they paid for and the most likely they may not cruise again. Also people go on vacation to relax with no problems arising, If a cruise vacation might cause problems and make you feel uncomfortable then people just won't cruise. I know many cheerleaders will careless but the bottom line is less people cruising especially in this economy where people want more for their dollar not less. Well good luck to all the cheerleaders you will be paying more for that floating money maker vacation and receiving less, it has already started in many ways in the last couple of years.

Soon room service fees and room steward duties will be making the bed only once a day and that ice . Well be prepared to pay for it from room service. Laugh now , cause they have to make money!!! and of course no big deal the cheerleaders will gladiy pay for it after all, there is nothing i mean nothing that can stop them from cruising again.

What rock have you been hiding under? While a couple services have been cut or modified, cruise prices are at an all time low. Fares have not been going up the last couple years like you stated.

If I don't like a certain business, I "protest" by not purchasing anything from that business in the future. If that is how these people feel, then so be it, don't book another Carnival cruise. But don't expect Carnival to do anything for them.

OMG, was at work yesterday and couldn't see the YouTube videos until this morning....it's unbelievable to me that they met again and planned yet another "uprising" for ten o'clock the next morning. Since that wasn't on the video, I wonder if they got banned or something. Disgusting behavior, surely CCL is aware of the instigators.......oh yeah, let's not forget the idiots who signed the petition..........duh.

Lynda

When I read info or see a video like this, I blink my eyes and then go about my business.

Now its time for me to go plan my next cruise .

See Ya ! ;)

Whomever did it - thanks.

I've never done an upload onto youtube, but I'd bet a DOD that the fine print of the upload agreement says something to the effect that anything you post on Youtube becomes property of Youtube.

Exactomundo . . . anything posted on a PUBLIC FORUM, like youtube, becomes youtube's property with unlimited public access and use.

If youtube is informed that a posting on their site is Copyrighted, they'll immediately pull it.

Exactomundo . . . anything posted on a PUBLIC FORUM, like youtube, becomes youtube's property with unlimited public access and use.

If youtube is informed that a posting on their site is Copyrighted, they'll immediately pull it.

G- Respectfully, I believe you are wrong

Because one uploads a video to you tube does not mean they relinquish copyrights.. Otherwise not one record label would allow Youtube to upload a video-

Also There is a fine line between embeds and links (allowable) and there is downright copyright infringement.(not allowable). ( I am not a legal expert, but I deal with this everyday...)

See Youtubes TOS:

http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines

<LI class=yt-static>Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you are authorized to use. This means don't upload videos you didn't make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without necessary authorizations. Read our Copyright Tips for more information.

http://www.youtube.com/t/terms

1. <LI class=yt-static-alpha>You may access YouTube Content, User Submissions and other content only as permitted under this Agreement. YouTube reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the YouTube Content and the YouTube Website.
  2. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes.

Digital Millennium Copyright Act

1. <LI class=yt-static-alpha>If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512©(3) for further detail):
  • <LI class=yt-static>A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; <LI class=yt-static>Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; <LI class=yt-static>Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; <LI class=yt-static>Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
  • A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
  • A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

:)

Oh please........yeah I couldn't watch it all....but I watched the first half......you know....that's how long it took them to find someone to read with a voice. :p

I've always said if I was stuck on a ship for 7 days at sea I'd love it...well we got that with my 200+ group on Splendor in April.....no Mexican Ports but they took us to cold, wet San Fran :eek::D......but guess what?...we weren't working and we were on a cruise ship with friends and had a blast!:D

Cruises.......as is life......is what you make out of it....your choice.;)

GOOD GOD! These folks are an embarassment. I would have been as far from these nut cases as possible if I'd been on that ship! I pray none of them are on our Dream cruise next year.

Good gravy. It's Animal Farm on a ship. Next they will be petitioning to save the whales, save the wetlands, save the duck billed platypus etc... whatever. Vacations are what you make of them... these people are sad sad sad sad and Im so happy that I was not on that ship.

Technically... the video has an implied copyright... You do agree to the terms and conditions of the site (youtube), but the user that posts the video could argue that by duplicating it and posting it without any additional content or changes... you are infringing on their copyright.

Honestly... all she would have to do is complain to Youtube... and it probly would be pulled...

I'm so disappointed in so many of you. If I'd been on that cruise, I'd done what G'ma said she would have done, and that was pulled up a chair and took great notes so I could come here and inform all the good souls of CC. On deck with a DOD with all this fun stuff, no way. :)

Seriously though, I might have stayed in the area just to watch. Stupid people are often the most entertaining.

I wounder how many people REALLY complained about the cruise.. There looks like a lot of people there.. But how many just came to watch the show. :D

No need to get that upset about a few missed ports or a little lack of communication if there was that... :eek:

AND she keeps screaming "we paid for four ports....FOUR PORTS....". No, you paid for an 8 day cruise and you GOT an 8 day cruise. They want 50% of their money back because out of 8 days, they didn't get to do what they wanted for 2? Poor baby....didn't get your way???? Throw a temper tantrum! I didn't put up with behavior like this when my daughter was TWO...grow up people!

Ports are gravy in my opionion. I'm going on a 3 port cruise in November and I am really looking forward to them because I've never been to any of them before. BUT I also know it's the tail end of hurricane season and if I don't make one or more of them, oh well, price to pay for booking in the tail end of hurricane season. I'll be packed for the southern caribbean and if I end up in Nova Scocia I'll have an excuse to stock up on my winter wardrobe in all the Canadian shops. Never been to Canada...might be interesting.

Geez....these people need to get a life!

I'm sorry, I just have to laugh. I was watching part one, where the "ringleader" brought up people onboard knowing members of the media and spreading the story, etc...

As a member of the media (who has worked in TV and in newspaper), they can't seriously believe the media would be interested in this. That would NEVER make the paper I work for. Not even on a slow news day. Nor would it make the news on the TV station I interned at in college. I can imagine it now: "Next at nine: passengers are mad that they missed their ports." Because, you know, that's not a common occurrence or anything ;) But I worked at a large market TV station. We had bigger things to cover LOL.

Some other things made me laugh, too.

"What can you do with $20?" I don't know about you, lady, but that's, like, four Miami Vices. We got $25/pp for missing St. Lucia and we put that towards the supper club. I think there's plenty you can do onboard with $20.

"We'll meet here again at 10:00 am. Tell everyone you know." 10 am? That's prime sunning time! Unless you're holding this meeting at the adults-only pool, I wouldn't be attending. And if you were? I'd only attend to laugh.

I'm sorry, I just have to laugh. I was watching part one, where the "ringleader" brought up people onboard knowing members of the media and spreading the story, etc...

As a member of the media (who has worked in TV and in newspaper), they can't seriously believe the media would be interested in this. That would NEVER make the paper I work for. Not even on a slow news day. Nor would it make the news on the TV station I interned at in college. I can imagine it now: "Next at nine: passengers are mad that they missed their ports." Because, you know, that's not a common occurrence or anything ;) But I worked at a large market TV station. We had bigger things to cover LOL.

Some other things made me laugh, too.

"What can you do with $20?" I don't know about you, lady, but that's, like, four Miami Vices. We got $25/pp for missing St. Lucia and we put that towards the supper club. I think there's plenty you can do onboard with $20.

"We'll meet here again at 10:00 am. Tell everyone you know." 10 am? That's prime sunning time! Unless you're holding this meeting at the adults-only pool, I wouldn't be attending. And if you were? I'd only attend to laugh.

The same media that had wall to wall coverage of Michael Jackson? :D

That's what did it!! MJ died... no room for this story!

LOL!!! Well said, G'ma! You articulated that very well. You said everything I would have liked to say and more. Unfortunately, my response wasn't as smooth ~ I was so mad after watching the video, all I could muster was "those, those DUMB people"! My favorite quote is "...the human conditions as it applies to certain segments of our society." LOL!!! Cracks me up! Do you mind if I put that on a post-it note on my refrigerator? :) Best wishes!

Have at it, girl. Nothing I say is ever copywrighted..copywritten..copywrightennnnnnnnnning........oh heck..... whatever......

Archived