What do you do for dinner the first night back home?

Roadtripster

• 3 weeks later...

We have only been on one cruise before and that was a couple of years ago. Our home port was Galveston,TX so when we got off the ship we loaded our luggage in our cars and headed to the Rainforest Restaurant. Our next cruise will be next year in Galveston as well and hopefully we will be able to do the same.

He has pretty much become a tradition for us to go to Outback Steakhouse when we get back, the food on the ship is great but lets face it , it is different then what we normally eat at home or out in town........so we really crave something that is we can count on being consistent and satisfying and familiar.........too tired to go home and cook the first night back LOL!

After all that great food and service during your cruise, it is a bummer to come home and face reality to have to fix dinner again. That first night, is the pits. Refrigerator is usually empty, snacks all gone, etc...

Do you usually order in, go pick something up, fix a frozen pizza?

I usually make a pasta casserole before I leave and freeze it. Pull it out when we get home and bake along with a loaf of garlic bread. Quick and simple.

Go out and eat

First night I just curl up in bed and cry myself to sleep...Post cruise depression.

Second night: When waitstaff does not come take my order, I heat up a can of soup.

Third Night: I have re-stocked the fridge and cook something.

Denise

• 3 weeks later...

We are very lucky, my mum and dad usually have something ready for us so once we land we have dinner with them, and then just off home. I am even organising to have my food shopping delivered the day after we get home.

Shame I cant order a chef and waiter too ;)

Guest maddycat
We almost always order pizza. It is cheap, no cooking required, and we have never found pizza on the ship that we liked, so it is a great first meal back home.

Wow. We do the exact same thing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We sit around the kitchen table and realize we need to go get our own fork.... and we only have one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then we stare at eachother and ask who wants to get the bread rolls..... I usually cook a box of pasta and sauce.... easy and in the cuppboard so I dont have to 'pay' for one more day...

Then we sit and wonder how were going to eat pasta with only 1 fork.... and drink our tea really slow since we cant seem to find the server to refill...

Hmmm- I guess our 1st dinner back is a DENIAL dinner before admitting we're back in reality.

I usually gripe and b!tch about making the dinner, wiping the cat hair off of the counter, and keep calling for the Chef, btw, I'm a Chef, and then the darn waiters never show up, so I have to serve it too. Then of course I have to do the singing and dancing in the diningroom. And don't get me started on the auto tipping thing, oh he!! no, no tips here!

Oh yeah, whatever time we get home, good old Canadian BEER.

Edited by cruisinbuddy

• 1 year later...