Breakfast cost in Barcelona

shaq

I don't mean to sound unhelpful, but it greatly depends on what kind of breakfast you want (full breakfast with eggs, ham, potatoes, juice, etc versus a pastry and some coffee from a bakery) and where you eat it (a pricey hotel versus a small shop).

When I got a small breakfast on my own it was usually less than 5 euro. When I stayed at the Eurostar Grand Marina on business, I had the breakfast buffet which was more like 25 euro....

In Spain we don't really eat breakfast as Americans know it so if you want eggs, bacon etc you will need a tourist type place with tourist type prices.

Spaniards eat a very light breakfast. Typical is Churros (like a long thin donut) and thick hot chocolate or perhaps bread with olive oil and tomato and a cup of coffee.

If you want a Spanish type breakfast, try the Boqueria market just off the ramblas. Alternatively, almost any cafe/bar will serve coffee, rolls etc.

You should not have to pay more than about 3-5 Euros.

Our hotel in Barcelona did not serve breakfast. We stopped at a pastry shop on our way back to the hotel one evening and purchased chocolate croissants. Along with the coffee maker in our room it made the perfect light breakfast!

In fact our hotel had a roof top pool so we took our makeshift picnic up there. It was amazing watching the city come to life from that vantage point (except for the naked guy on his balcony across the street!).

When I stayed at the Eurostar Grand Marina on business, I had the breakfast buffet which was more like 25 euro....
And when we stayed at Eurostar Gran Marina (a fab hotel by the way) we went round the back in the World Trade centre to a small cafe, had fantastic freshly squeezed orange juice and pastries for €7.50 for both of us.

Mmmm...I'm getting hungry already :)

The prices above seem pretty similar to what we experienced. I'd budget 3 euro for a pastry & coffee, plus another 1-3 euro if you want juice, fruit, or yogurt with it. A hot breakfast of eggs, potatoes, and meat would be 6-8 euro + drinks at a casual cafe or the sky's the limit at a fancy place.

If you ever want an EARLY breakfast (we needed to be up at 5am one day), I'd recommend buying your breakfast the day before because most places aren't open before 7 or so. We bought Dunkin Donuts the day before for about 80 cents each - much cheaper than the hotel room service. Thankfully there was free coffee 24/7 in the hotel lobby! The donuts might not have been an "authentic" Spanish experience, but we knew they'd hold up okay overnight, and with flavors like Mojito, it was still unique to Spain.

You can eat breakfast cheap-anywhere from the Market (fruit-rolls, juice) and many other items--also there are a lot of Starbucks in Barcelona--so it is actually quite easy-or just get out and walk and take a look at what is around you-you are bound to run into something easy-

Archived