MDR on the CB

CrownCruiserKK

Quick Question:

On Embarkation Day, is it possible to eat lunch in the MDR? Or is the Buffet the only option? I plan on arriving as soon as possible to start my vacation, so I will definitely be there during lunch hours.

Yes, but it might be an effort. Princess says lunch is available in the dining room on embarkation day. However, on some ships, the staff discourages passengers from taking advantage of it. You just have to keep asking and pushing.

Yes, but it might be an effort. Princess says lunch is available in the dining room on embarkation day. However, on some ships, the staff discourages passengers from taking advantage of it. You just have to keep asking and pushing.

Thanks for your response. I do so enjoy lunch in the dining rooms, and it would be a great way to kick off my much anticipated cruise.

:D

It is a GREAT way to start the cruise!!

Just remember that all of the cruise staff will tell you that the only place you can get lunch is in Horizon Court. On my last cruise I would not accept "no" and went to each dining room until I found the one that was open. Persistance pays off! :D

Quick Question:

On Embarkation Day, is it possible to eat lunch in the MDR? Or is the Buffet the only option? I plan on arriving as soon as possible to start my vacation, so I will definitely be there during lunch hours.

It's definitely available, and even appears in the embarkation day Patters. I believe they stop serving at around 1pm.

Yes...on the Star Princess last October...although there was a bit of effort to discourage us. When I said "our documents say we can eat lunch in a dining room," we were directed there. And there were fewer than 2 dozen people having lunch there. We just had hamburgers, but it was a pleasure not having to stand in a buffet line (as a rule, we are not particularly fond of buffet lines...probably as a result of multiple trips to Las Vegas to see family...)

Why is it do you think that the crew "discourages" using the MDR on embarkation day? Are they hoping for a small break?

Perhaps or maybe the turnover to a new cruise requires more prep time. It's possible they do a thorough cleaning of the DRs in that time and they'd rather not have anyone in there.

Archived