Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

Went to a Wine/Gourmet Food shop near home today & there was the Darrell Lea black & strawberry licorice. Too close to home. Well I bought a bag of each & managed to make a good dent in the black. It was better for my will power to have to drive 20 min.

I will offer my delivery service to anyone sailing out of Seattle. I live fairly close to the only Worldmarket that carries the TimTams et al and if anyone wants some for their Alaska cruise let me know. :D There is also a See's right nearby as well. They are my favorite chocolates.

Edited by CruisinEars

Went to a Wine/Gourmet Food shop near home today & there was the Darrell Lea black & strawberry licorice. Too close to home. Well I bought a bag of each & managed to make a good dent in the black. It was better for my will power to have to drive 20 min.

Oh, the black licorice is soooooo yummy!

I walked past our darrell lea shop in the local shopping centre yesterday and didn't go in. How is that for willpower! No chocolate peanut clusters, no bullets, no licorice, no coconut rough. Oh, god I'm good :D

Oh' date=' the black licorice is soooooo yummy!

I walked past our darrell lea shop in the local shopping centre yesterday and didn't go in. How is that for willpower! No chocolate peanut clusters, no bullets, no licorice, no coconut rough. Oh, god I'm good :D[/quote']

Now that is just showing off!;)

I ate my entire package of TimTams in 3 days (and that is a complete lack of self-control!):p

Sees Candy are all over Californi. if you go to any big mall there they are and that is the problem. Just try to walk by one of their stores and the smells that come out their stores makes you want to go in there and dive into all of that chocolate. :D

Marilyn

Sees Candy are all over Californi. if you go to any big mall there they are and that is the problem. Just try to walk by one of their stores and the smells that come out their stores makes you want to go in there and dive into all of that chocolate. :D

Marilyn

My daughter went to law school in California and that's where she discovered See's. Whenever her husband travels to LA or Vegas, he must bring her back at least one box of See's.

See's Candy is just the best - in my opinion. I grew up eating this wonderful candy and when I moved away - I missed it!!!

Each candy is hand made with fresh ingrediants and has an individual "swirl". If you have been eating them long enough, you can identify each piece before tasting :D.

You can order it online but I try to only purchase it when in CA because I just can't have it in my house on a daily basis.

I am afraid that when I finally get some Tim Tams - it will all be over for me!!

Pia - help --- send some of that willpower my way:)

See's Candy is just the best - in my opinion. I grew up eating this wonderful candy and when I moved away - I missed it!!!

Each candy is hand made with fresh ingrediants and has an individual "swirl". If you have been eating them long enough, you can identify each piece before tasting :D.

You can order it online but I try to only purchase it when in CA because I just can't have it in my house on a daily basis.

I am afraid that when I finally get some Tim Tams - it will all be over for me!!

Pia - help --- send some of that willpower my way:)

Let me tell you, it "ain't" easy. It's OK when there's nothing tempting in the house, but just the thought of the liquorice and the tim tams lying so lonely in my frig and freezer, well..............takes a whole lot to keep me out of there. Then I think of the fact that I'll be on a cruise ship soon for 25 days and the willpower comes back full force. BTW, my poor deprived husband can't touch it either, under penalty of &*(^%. :D

Ahhh, yes, See's candy...I remember buying it when passing through LAX airport. Luckily it was much harder to get in No Va where I lived - because it is yummy. (And why don't we have a smilie for yummy?):D

By the way, the roll call for my upcoming cruise (SFO to SYD) has been discussing Tim Tams now - see what you started, Eileen.

I just received an email from World Market with a coupon for 10% off my next purchase. Very nice of them, but I'm not going to use it until AFTER my cruise. :D

They must have liked you better than they did me- I didn't get one.

Ahhh, yes, See's candy...I remember buying it when passing through LAX airport. Luckily it was much harder to get in No Va where I lived - because it is yummy. (And why don't we have a smilie for yummy?):D

By the way, the roll call for my upcoming cruise (SFO to SYD) has been discussing Tim Tams now - see what you started, Eileen.

There you go Emma, take some Tim Tams and everyone will be your new BF.:D

There you go Emma' date=' take some Tim Tams and everyone will be your new BF.:D[/quote']

I'd better, hadn't I. Especially after one of the roll call members said she had seen the infamous Tim Tam thread and was grateful for the enlightenment. She hadn't read the thread because she didn't know what they were - thought maybe a type of shoe :)? (Does sound like a shoe, sort of.)

Someone else (a Canadian who was in fact eating a Tim Tam as she posted) was going to try the Tim Tam as a coffee straw suggestion - but hasn't reported back. Hope she didn't suffer a Tim Tam-related injury.

Look, I just don't believe that works, I think it is just an Australian urban myth. Like drop bears... :D Emma

I'd better, hadn't I. Especially after one of the roll call members said she had seen the infamous Tim Tam thread and was grateful for the enlightenment. She hadn't read the thread because she didn't know what they were - thought maybe a type of shoe :)? (Does sound like a shoe, sort of.)

Someone else (a Canadian who was in fact eating a Tim Tam as she posted) was going to try the Tim Tam as a coffee straw suggestion - but hasn't reported back. Hope she didn't suffer a Tim Tam-related injury.

Look, I just don't believe that works, I think it is just an Australian urban myth. Like drop bears... :D Emma

Have you never tried the straw trick? Shame on you! By the way, what are drop bears?:confused:

They must have liked you better than they did me- I didn't get one.

Did you give them your email address? Then again, your store had the black liquorice and mine didn't. And you were able to get the caramel cookies and I didn't. We're even. LOL

Edited by Pia1913

Have you never tried the straw trick? Shame on you! By the way' date=' what are drop bears?:confused:[/quote']

No, haven't tried the Tim Tams-as-straws thing. How un-Australian of me. Just like not knowing what Drop Bears are...:D

Google “Drop Bears” and the answer will be revealed. There is even a Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear

But, briefly, unlike the cuddly, tree-dwelling Koala (not a bear) Drop Bears are attack mammals (like the jackalope), which are similar in appearance to the Koala. They live in trees and drop onto unsuspecting people who pass underneath, then attack them. Naturally they are a well-kept secret in Oz - so as not to upset the tourism industry.