Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

Hey wait a minute MINE are! :D;):D Made with chopped walnuts.

Eileen, Marion you both are just going to have to come visit me. If grocery stores get you excited ;) I'll take you to lots of them. Trust me though you need to find a real bakery to buy good bread. There is no such thing in our grocery stores. :eek:

Barb

Oh, Barb....mine are still the best! Because....I use real vanilla extract (from Mexico) and not the imitation stuff. And, I lightly coat my hands in softened unsalted butter before rolling the dough into a perfectly round ball before placing it onto a baking sheet. My pecans grow in my back yard, so they're pretty fresh. I don't fine chop - I chunk chop. Only use semi-sweet chips. Only use light brown sugar - never the dark brown stuff. My cc cookies are one of my claims to fame! Now, down here, there is no such thing as a real Deli or bakery. The only decent bagels I can get are from Panera (opened three years ago) and not even fresh-baked. This Protestant can't even ask for corned beef or matzoh without receiving the "What the heck is she talking about" look! We only have the chain stores here, though. Still looking for Irish soda bread.

Hey wait a minute MINE are! :D;):D Made with chopped walnuts.

Eileen, Marion you both are just going to have to come visit me. If grocery stores get you excited ;) I'll take you to lots of them. Trust me though you need to find a real bakery to buy good bread. There is no such thing in our grocery stores. :eek:

Barb

Now you tell me, Barb!!

Know I would just love your home made chocolate chip cookies, with chopped walnuts, especially when we're on the road eating processed food. :)

Edited by MMDown Under

I'm sitting here eating my austrailan strawberry licorice. While you're googling see if you can find Fresh Market you will like it too, but no bargains there.

Is it delicious, Margie? Sorry you don't have bakeries. We still have them here in every suburb, but some don't make great bread.

Oh, Barb....mine are still the best! Because....I use real vanilla extract (from Mexico) and not the imitation stuff. And, I lightly coat my hands in softened unsalted butter before rolling the dough into a perfectly round ball before placing it onto a baking sheet. My pecans grow in my back yard, so they're pretty fresh. I don't fine chop - I chunk chop. Only use semi-sweet chips. Only use light brown sugar - never the dark brown stuff. My cc cookies are one of my claims to fame! Now, down here, there is no such thing as a real Deli or bakery. The only decent bagels I can get are from Panera (opened three years ago) and not even fresh-baked. This Protestant can't even ask for corned beef or matzoh without receiving the "What the heck is she talking about" look! We only have the chain stores here, though. Still looking for Irish soda bread.

My mouth is watering just reading your ingredients. Who would want Tim Tams?

Sorry Eileen. This is the winner!

Is it delicious, Margie? Sorry you don't have bakeries. We still have them here in every suburb, but some don't make great bread.

My mouth is watering just reading your ingredients. Who would want Tim Tams?

Sorry Eileen. This is the winner!

It's all about Nestle's semi-sweet morsels and using cheap and more expensive ingredients. I have it down pat!

Howdy, I am a new cruise critic member and this is my first post. Yes, I buy Tim Tams at Cost Plus stores in the San Francisco Bay Area. I live in San Rafael in Marin County, but grew up in Australia. My family still lives there!! Hope there is a Cost Plus near the port when you sail !!!

Hi, I am a new member and this is my 1st post. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and I buy Tim Tams at Cost Plus WorldMarket. I hope there is a store near the port for your cruise!! I grew up in Australia and love Tim Tams, but not vegemite!!! Happy Sailing.

Aghhhhhh, stop it, I can feel the weight being added to my hips just reading this.

OMG those cookies sound devine!

Not finding normal (to us) bread is going to be a bit of a bummer..... but I will try anything once.

Barb, I would love a guided tour through one of your supermarkets. Probably the only way I will find anything. You reckon if I stand there and look dumbfounded that some nice American will come to my aid?

Oh, I am sooooo looking forward to this trip. :D

Hi, I am a new member and this is my 1st post. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and I buy Tim Tams at Cost Plus WorldMarket. I hope there is a store near the port for your cruise!! I grew up in Australia and love Tim Tams, but not vegemite!!! Happy Sailing.

Welcome to the CC boards. Alas this time we won't be able to make San Francisco. I really want to go there but will run out of time this trip. But hey, good excuse for us to return....;)

Welcome back from your holiday in the US. Do you miss the shopping when you are home on the Sunshine Coast?

Oh yes :(, but I miss my grand-daughters (and their parents) more. Always hard to leave again....

I love COSTCO too - and definitely agree about Wal-Mart, Imsulin.

Hi aynsley, welcome to CC. Whereabouts in Oz did you grow up?

This thread really had me laughing the other day and I mentioned the subject to my wife who, like me, had never heard of Tim Tams. 5 minutes ago my wife walks in the door (Harrisburg, PA) with a package of Tim Tams. They are available in our area and made by Pepperidge Farms and do say that they are the most popular cookie in Australia.

Hank

This thread really had me laughing the other day and I mentioned the subject to my wife who, like me, had never heard of Tim Tams. 5 minutes ago my wife walks in the door (Harrisburg, PA) with a package of Tim Tams. They are available in our area and made by Pepperidge Farms and do say that they are the most popular cookie in Australia.

Hank

We really have had a lot of fun with it as well as some great cookies. My problem is I don't just buy 1 bag.

This is great. This stupid thread has been bouncing around for months.Of all things,I was in TARGET today and you'll never guess?Pepperidge Farm TIM TAMS.Creamy chocolate cookies!An Australian treat!I BOUGHT A PACKAGE TO TRY!:D

I am on my way to Target within the next few minutes. I could swear there are no Tim Tams there, but I'm sure going to look again.

Back from Target. Yes! Tim Tams are there. I bought one each of Chocolate and Caramel and promptly put them in the freezer. I will have one tomorrow depending on what the scale says in the morning. Will Power.....thy name is Pia.

Great!Now I didn't see Carmel?Whats the deal with freezing them?Pia....pain in the _ _ _? Just kidding!:D

Great!Now I didn't see Carmel?Whats the deal with freezing them?Pia....pain in the _ _ _? Just kidding!:D

Freezing them accomplishes two things.

1. You don't see them, so you can't eat too many.

2. When they're frozen, they last longer because you nibble on them instead of gobbling them.

Back from Target. Yes! Tim Tams are there. I bought one each of Chocolate and Caramel and promptly put them in the freezer. I will have one tomorrow depending on what the scale says in the morning. Will Power.....thy name is Pia.

The lady is addicted! No car problems this time I hope. Aren't you sooooo happy Eileen posted her original question. ;):D;)

All this talk of Tim Tams,I had never heard of ,first I had to goggle them,an then I was in our Independent store an there they were.We cant buy alot of everyday things in our small town,but we can buy cookies from the other side of the world..

They have Tim Tams in Harris Teeter (grocery store) in NC.

Oh, I soooooooooooo didn't need to know this. I thought I was safe -- no World Market around here, the nearest Target doesn't carry much in the way of packaged sweets, but now up pops Harris Teeter, my usual store. Oh heaven help me. Can anyone spare a cup of willpower?

Pia, I want to hear if the Pepperidge Farm Tim Tams are as good as the Arnott ones. Please report back when you do finally cave in and open that freezer door!

A frozen timmy-yuk :eek: