Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

[quote=Billy and Charlie's Mum;20281149]Just wondering if anyone has seen Arnotts Tim Tams for sale in USA - specifically Fort Lauderdale or Los Angeles?

Would love to buy some before we get on the ship or get some in LA for the week we will be spending there. My DH just loves Tim Tams with a cup of coffee. I don't think you can bring them in from australia.[/quote]

G'day Eileen will you e-mail me? regards Yvonne

[quote name='rollingstone']On our recent trip to Australia, my carry on coming home was filled with tim tams & Darryl Lee (?) licorice. Sadly, I cannot find either of these in the US and was forced to smuggle![/quote]

You can buy them online at amazon.com.

[quote name='vplsh']Just got back from my weekly grocery shopping trip and saw Tim Tams! They are made by Peppridge Farms and advertised as "Australia's favorite cookie!"
Have to say they look fantastic but with a little over a month until our next cruise, I didn't buy any![/quote]

Dude,your way behind the times.I covered this already !:rolleyes:

[quote name='rdsqrl'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]Did you get some? Did you try them yet?
[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I bought 2 of the Pepperidge Farms Tim Tams this weekend. I opened the carmel and it was "ok". I guess I am not overly impressed. I have yet to open up the milk chocolate ones.

I bought them at a locally owned grocery store.

[quote name='Coral']I bought 2 of the Pepperidge Farms Tim Tams this weekend. I opened the carmel and it was "ok". I guess I am not overly impressed. I have yet to open up the milk chocolate ones.

I bought them at a locally owned grocery store.[/quote]

I think they taste better frozen. Try it with one and compare.

I found them at my Target here in Nebr. today too--three flavors. I bought the dark chocolate and they are very yummy. I can see why people are addicted; for a store-bought cookies, they're really good.

I"ve had two, but since I'm trying to lose a few pounds for our Dec. 10th cruise I'm going to try to resist--maybe take them along? Or, let the grandkids find them--they'll be gone in nothing flat.

I will resist, I will!!!

Everyone seems to be buying them at their local Target store. I must say, your Target stores must be different to ours, because all our Target stores sell is clothing and homewares and a bit of home entertainment like dvd's and cd's.

I will check them out when I am over there in Feb.

Though our Target has always sold some food stuffs, we had a major redo last year and now it has quite a large food section with freezer and refrigerated cases, groceries, etc.

I still can't find anything in it since the redo though!

Now if I could just find some Vegemite--though I hear it's an acquired taste.

[QUOTE=Billy and Charlie's Mum;22066422]Everyone seems to be buying them at their local Target store. I must say, your Target stores must be different to ours, because all our Target stores sell is clothing and homewares and a bit of home entertainment like dvd's and cd's.

I will check them out when I am over there in Feb.[/QUOTE]

Most of ours have been converted to "super targets". They have a full grocery store in them. They are pretty good as they carry some brands that none of the other stores here carry.

Everyone seems to be buying them at their local Target store. I must say' date=' your Target stores must be different to ours, because all our Target stores sell is clothing and homewares and a bit of home entertainment like dvd's and cd's.

I will check them out when I am over there in Feb.[/quote']

Though - you live in Australia, right? You can get the real thing. According to wikipedia, ours are made in Australia and distributed through Pepperdige Farm in the US.

Edit - I just read that you are from Australia but you want to buy them for your sailing while in the US. Got it!

This is from the wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_tams :

Tim Tams were introduced to the U.S.A. through Pepperidge Farm as a promotional item from November 2008 to March 2009.[4] They were sold through Target stores only; varieties offered were Original (sold as Chocolate Crème) and Caramel. Pepperidge Farm re-released these two varieties with Classic Dark 19th October 2009. This time the Original and Caramel varieties are available in supermarkets other than Target. They will be available in the U.S.A. until March 2010 and at the same time every year.[5]

USA

Made in Australia but branded as Pepperidge Farms:

Chocolate Crème (i.e. Original)

Caramel

Dark Chocolate (sold only at Target)

Edited by Coral

Tim Tams were introduced to the U.S.A. through Pepperidge Farm as a promotional item from November 2008 to March 2009.[4] They were sold through Target stores only; varieties offered were Original (sold as Chocolate Crème) and Caramel. Pepperidge Farm re-released these two varieties with Classic Dark 19th October 2009. This time the Original and Caramel varieties are available in supermarkets other than Target. They will be available in the U.S.A. until March 2010 and at the same time every year.

USA

Caramel

Looks like the next thing on everybody's shopping list will be freezers to store Tim Tams between March and November. ;):eek:;)

Pia perhaps your Target is just slow in getting their shelves stocked - keep checking.

Tim Tams were introduced to the U.S.A. through Pepperidge Farm as a promotional item from November 2008 to March 2009.[4] They were sold through Target stores only; varieties offered were Original (sold as Chocolate Crème) and Caramel. Pepperidge Farm re-released these two varieties with Classic Dark 19th October 2009. This time the Original and Caramel varieties are available in supermarkets other than Target. They will be available in the U.S.A. until March 2010 and at the same time every year.[5]

USA

Caramel

I'm intrigued - Why are they only distributed in the US from October to March? Are they seen as a winter food? They are eaten all year here. In fact they are a supermarket special at present here for $2 per packet in 35c degree heat!

Edited by MMDown Under

I'm intrigued - Why are they only distributed in the US from October to March? Are they seen as a winter food? They are eaten all year here. In fact they are a supermarket special at present here for $2 per packet in 35c degree heat!

Marion, we get cheap cruises and you get cheap cookies! :D;) Barb

Maybe it's another case of big organisations dictating terms again :rolleyes:

Me, I could eat easter eggs all year round, but no, they take them off the shelves after Easter - how wrong is that!!!!!

Edited by Billy and Charlie's Mum