Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

Just wondering if anyone has seen Arnotts Tim Tams for sale in USA - specifically Fort Lauderdale or Los Angeles?

Would love to buy some before we get on the ship or get some in LA for the week we will be spending there. My DH just loves Tim Tams with a cup of coffee. I don't think you can bring them in from australia.

Arnott's "Tim Tams" were available at Target stores through March of this year on a test program. (only two flavors)

It looks like Cost Plus World Market carries Arnott's Chocolate Covered Biscuits (without the Tim Tam label). http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3624277

A store locator is available on the web page link above.

Cost Plus World Market locations offer Tim Tams, and there are locations in the LA area. They usually have the Arnett production, and not the Pepperidge-Farms-distributed North American one. Call first; it's not a core item, so store managers have some discretion.

E

We have bought Several different types of Arnott biscuits and crackers but don't recall seeing Tam Tams at our local Cost Plus World Market here in central California. They have many stores in So Cal. Good luck.

49er

Having lived in Australia for 12 years, I am quite fond of Tam Tams and the licorice. Out of this world. (Also the pavlova eggs)... Anyway, you can buy these two items at World Market here in the states. We just took a package with us on our roadtrip last week.

As for bringing them in, there is no problem what so ever. You might want to claim them as food but that's not a problem with customs. (Now when we lived in Australia we would take packs of M&M's and corn tortillas back in out suitcases just so we could enjoy them and satisfy our cravings)

I found this article. Seems like they were here, and now they're gone.

NORWALK, Conn.--(Business Wire)--

This past fall, Pepperidge Farm introduced American consumers to the Tim Tam

cookie, an iconic and delectable Australian `biscuit` made by bakers at

Arnott`s, a sister company. Made available exclusively at Target stores

beginning in November 2008, Tim Tam cookies quickly flew off shelves nationwide,

as consumers clamored to stock up before the limited release ended in March

I know about that time Target was advertising they had them for a limited time.

If you can't track down Tim Tams, then try Penguins - they are our UK equivalent, choccy covered biscuit with a creamy choccy centre - equally delicious according to DD:D

Picture of our Penguin biscuits for you - v. similar:

180px-Penguin-biscuit.jpg

According to Wikipedia (can't believe that I have even looked this up :D):

Penguin biscuits are milk chocolate-covered biscuit bars filled with chocolate cream. They are produced by United Biscuits manufacturing division, McVitie's. The Tim Tam produced by Arnott's in Australia was based on the Penguin,[1] and much debate has ensued over which is the superior biscuit.[2][3]

So OP, try and see if you could locate these as an alternative if you can't find what you are looking for?

Picture of our Penguin biscuits for you - v. similar:

180px-Penguin-biscuit.jpg

According to Wikipedia (can't believe that I have even looked this up :D):

Penguin biscuits are milk chocolate-covered biscuit bars filled with chocolate cream. They are produced by United Biscuits manufacturing division, McVitie's. The Tim Tam produced by Arnott's in Australia was based on the Penguin,[1] and much debate has ensued over which is the superior biscuit.[2][3]

So OP, try and see if you could locate these as an alternative if you can't find what you are looking for?

One biscuit has 114 calories and I can't believe I looked this up either. :D

How many flavors of Tim Tams are there and what is the favorite one? My curiosity has definitely peaked, and if I find them, how many decisions will I have to make?!!

I saw Original and Caramel and I'm "peaked" too. We'll be in California in September and I intend to look for them. :rolleyes:

How many flavors of Tim Tams are there and what is the favorite one? My curiosity has definitely peaked, and if I find them, how many decisions will I have to make?!!

There are tons of different flavors. Even specialty flavors that seem to come out occasionally at different times of the year. Our friends in AU always sent several of the new ones when they came out for us to try.

Here is a partial list: Chewy Caramel, Mocha, Double Coat, Chilli Chocolate, Classic Dark Chocolate, Black Forest Fantasy, Creamy Truffle Temptation and the latest Choc Orange. They had a special addition strawberry that was around for awhile, not sure if it's still available. Also, they used to make them in the smaller size called Tim Tam Balls (not joking).

And an FYI, the Chilli Chocolate was not a misprint, we actually tried them, but they weren't our favorite.

We also had one that had Kahlua or some sort of liquor in them once, I can't quite remember what it was as it was quite some time ago.

If I am not mistaken, those that were available in the U.S. and canada, at least for awhile, were mainly the Chewy Caramel, regular and double coat. The rest you may have to venture to Australia or New Zealand to find. ;) But it's worth the trip. :)

Just recently Tim Tams have made their way to Canada via the Loblaws and Superstore grocery stores! I saw chocolate flavor and caramel flavor ones recently! I'm sure you'll find them in the US.

And you just reminded me, it would be fantastic to have a Tim Tam on the deck with a nice hot cup of coffee/tea!

Thanks, PirateGal. I just ran out to Superstore and bought my first package of Tim Tams. I will now blame you and the rest of these CC posters for the weight I'm going to gain.

LidoLiz

If you can't track down Tim Tams, then try Penguins - they are our UK equivalent, choccy covered biscuit with a creamy choccy centre - equally delicious according to DD:D

I have just paid $50 to send a care package to my DD in London so they better not taste the same. They tell me the chocolate tastes different and that has to do with the milk used in the chocolate...it all comes down to what we feed our cows down under.

I have just paid $50 to send a care package to my DD in London so they better not taste the same. They tell me the chocolate tastes different and that has to do with the milk used in the chocolate...it all comes down to what we feed our cows down under.

We were told that the difference is in the chocolate as well - it is formulated so as not to melt so easily - we do not get such hot weather in the UK as they do in Australia/NZ. I don't think it is anything to do with the milk - we have lots of nice green countryside as well for our cows to graze on:D

Okay, you got me. We were near World Market this afternoon and bought three packages - Originals, Caramel and Mint. The Original and Caramel say there are two biscuits in each serving at 190 calories. We are saving them for after dinner tonight. They are not labeled as Tim Tam, but they are by Arnott and come from Australia.

Do they taste even better if you refrigerate them?

Fran

What have I started :eek: I am glad some of you are trying our Tim Tams and Dorset those penguin "bickies" (bickies is what we call biscuits in Aus - slang) might be nice but nothing tastes quite the same as Tim Tams.

I prefer the originals or the double coat - which are original but with double the thickness of chocolate.

For those of you who are trying tim tams - try this.

Make a cup of tea or coffee, bite off a corner of tim tam on each end and use it as a straw - very yummy, messy but yummy.

Thanks for all your pointers about where to get them. I didn't know if you could actually bring them into the US. I am glad that you can. I will probably bring them in along with my vegemite. Oh, and some DarrellLea licorice. For those of you who like licorice, this is undoubtably the best licorice in the world. Made in Australia and I don't know if you can buy it overseas. But truly wonderful licorice.

Eileen,

I must tell you - they were delicious. Thanks for introducing us to a new product. We will be in Sydney before our SYD-LAX cruise on Star Princess in October. Is there any place near the Marriott Sydney Harbour where we can buy some to bring on the ship with us?

Fran

As much as I love Tim Tams and the originals are my favourite out of all the varieties, I must have my Chocolate Teddy Bears each day. They are to die for and I have been eating them all of my adult life, which is a long, long time! Again, they are made by Arnotts and have wonderful dark chocolate surrounding a teddy bear biscuit. Dreamy!

My other favourite Arnott's chocolate biscuit is the the Chocolate Butternut Snap. That is chocolate surrounding a biscuit that has nuts inside. Again, delicious.

Jennie