Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

Now Marge' date=' don't go blaming the weight gain on Timmy :eek::D[/quote']

I wasn't sad, but I happened to be in Target this afternoon and took a quick look to see if they were still on the shelf. Guess what! The elusive dark chocolate has joined the other two. Yes, I bought a package. Yes, I ate one. Yes, it's in the freezer. I leave tomorrow for California and on Monday board the Coral for 15 days. There is no way I'm eating any now. But they will be waiting for me when we return. :D

I wasn't sad, but I happened to be in Target this afternoon and took a quick look to see if they were still on the shelf. Guess what! The elusive dark chocolate has joined the other two. Yes, I bought a package. Yes, I ate one. Yes, it's in the freezer. I leave tomorrow for California and on Monday board the Coral for 15 days. There is no way I'm eating any now. But they will be waiting for me when we return. :D

Moderation is the key, Pia.

Have a great trip and let me know how you are enjoying the Coral. Are you doing a "live from"?

We will be on her in Feb. Can't tell you how excited I am starting to get. This will be the first time to USA. Pity we were not on the same cruise, I could have brought you a selection of all the different flavours for you to try. :D

I bought a package at Albertson's this morning in Orange Co. Too funny! If not for this thread I would never have noticed them, but I was walking down the cookie isle and saw them on the shelf. I exclaimed look there are Tim Tams :eek: to my husband. He asked me what was the big deal about them? I tried to explain this thread to him and he looked at me like I had two heads. Then he asked how this related to cruise travel. He doesn't share my interest in travel boards, just appreciates my wealth of knowledge that affects his travel experience. ;)

Moderation is the key' date=' Pia.

Have a great trip and let me know how you are enjoying the Coral. Are you doing a "live from"?

We will be on her in Feb. Can't tell you how excited I am starting to get. This will be the first time to USA. Pity we were not on the same cruise, I could have brought you a selection of all the different flavours for you to try. :D[/quote']

I left my Tim Tams at home. How's that for moderation Eileen? :) We are already in California waiting to board the Coral on Monday. And yes, I will be doing a LIVE.

I bought a package at Albertson's this morning in Orange Co. Too funny! If not for this thread I would never have noticed them, but I was walking down the cookie isle and saw them on the shelf. I exclaimed look there are Tim Tams :eek: to my husband. He asked me what was the big deal about them? I tried to explain this thread to him and he looked at me like I had two heads. Then he asked how this related to cruise travel. He doesn't share my interest in travel boards, just appreciates my wealth of knowledge that affects his travel experience. ;)

LOL, my husband is the same. Doesn't even know how to turn on the computer, let alone understand how to operate it. At least mine likes to know what is happening on the threads and he too appreciates my knowledge especially when he saves money because of it. :D:D

Hi Eileen,

Good to see your thread still going.

I didn't even know there was a thread for Cruise Foodies. I thought your thread had gone to Floataway Lounge, where all good threads go. :)

You must be counting the days to your Sydney cruise this month. Bon Voyage.

Hi Eileen,

Good to see your thread still going.

I didn't even know there was a thread for Cruise Foodies. I thought your thread had gone to Floataway Lounge, where all good threads go. :)

You must be counting the days to your Sydney cruise this month. Bon Voyage.

It was in the Floataway Lounge, now they have sent it further into oblivion by putting it in the Foodies thread. I didn't know there was a Foodies thread either.

Maybe the moderators are sick of hearing about Tim Tams.....;)

It was in the Floataway Lounge' date=' now they have sent it further into oblivion by putting it in the Foodies thread. I didn't know there was a Foodies thread either.

Maybe the moderators are sick of hearing about Tim Tams.....;)[/quote']

Good to know that I didn't imagine it!

I'll say hello to your Pacific Dawn on the 9th and will check out Diamond Princess on the 10th.

Plan to go to the naming of Pacific Jewel at OPT on the 12th.

Good to know that I didn't imagine it!

I'll say hello to your Pacific Dawn on the 9th and will check out Diamond Princess on the 10th.

Plan to go to the naming of Pacific Jewel at OPT on the 12th.

OOOH! I am jealous. Can you take a photo of the Diamond?

Enjoy your trip to Sydney. Hope it is not too hot down there. Silly isn't it, they say Queensland is hot, Sydney is usually hotter :D

I just found this thread. For years I have had friends from Oz say they would mail me tim tams and never did. Well imagine my surprise a few months ago when I went to Target and what did I see? TIM TAMS by Pepperidge Farms.

timtam14.jpg

I have seen them at Wal Mart too. And they are yuuuuuuuummmy.

I just found this thread. For years I have had friends from Oz say they would mail me tim tams and never did. Well imagine my surprise a few months ago when I went to Target and what did I see? TIM TAMS by Pepperidge Farms.

timtam14.jpg

I have seen them at Wal Mart too. And they are yuuuuuuuummmy.

Welcome to the land of tim tams Sherrybaby....:D

OOOH! I am jealous. Can you take a photo of the Diamond?

Enjoy your trip to Sydney. Hope it is not too hot down there. Silly isn't it' date=' they say Queensland is hot, Sydney is usually hotter :D[/quote']

Sorry, I won't have a camera, Eileen, however I'm sure David will have lots of photos of the Diamond, including arrival in Sydney, at the spectacular OPT location.

Well after all this hoopla about Tim Tams Target had them for $2.50 a box and we bought a box. Tried them and didn't think they were that great. Reminded me of those waffle weave wafer cookies that are like a sandwich with a creamish filling only Tim Tams were then covered with Chocolate(the ones we bought). Give me my Reese's Peanut butter cups over these any day.

Well after all this hoopla about Tim Tams Target had them for $2.50 a box and we bought a box. Tried them and didn't think they were that great. Reminded me of those waffle weave wafer cookies that are like a sandwich with a creamish filling only Tim Tams were then covered with Chocolate(the ones we bought). Give me my Reese's Peanut butter cups over these any day.

LOL, thats Ok Donna, each to their own. I don't know how they remind you of a wafer though.

See I don't like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Reese tried to sell all their products over here years ago and they didn't sell. Peanut butter is a popular spread for sandwiches and toast here but not really used for much else really. Maybe the occasional home made bicky, that's about all.

LOL' date=' thats Ok Donna, each to their own. I don't know how they remind you of a wafer though.

See I don't like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Reese tried to sell all their products over here years ago and they didn't sell. Peanut butter is a popular spread for sandwiches and toast here but not really used for much else really. Maybe the occasional home made bicky, that's about all.[/quote']

Ok Eileen- What's a bicky? Do you have cookies?

Ok Eileen- What's a bicky? Do you have cookies?

We don't call them cookies here, we call them biscuits, or bicky for short.

You see, when they founded Australia by sending all the convicts over here, the Poms instilled their British ways into us. You lot broke free and changed everything pertaining to Britain and their ways.

Now all the Brits are trying their best to get over here to live..... how times change :eek:

We don't call them cookies here' date=' we call them biscuits, or bicky for short.

You see, when they founded Australia by sending all the convicts over here, the Poms instilled their British ways into us. You lot broke free and changed everything pertaining to Britain and their ways.

Now all the Brits are trying their best to get over here to live..... how times change :eek:[/quote']

I'm a cookieholic so I just wanted to make sure you weren't deprived!