Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

Well, after reading all about Tim Tams, I finally bought a box in Safeway.

Very nice but not half as good as the Penquins bisquits from the U.K.

What makes UK Penquin Biscuits special?

What other biscuits/cookies should we try when we cruise, so we become biscuit/cookie connoisseurs?

How did the bickies measure up on your current cruise, Eileen? Any good as Tim Tams?

What makes UK Penquin Biscuits special?

What other biscuits/cookies should we try when we cruise, so we become biscuit/cookie connoisseurs?

How did the bickies measure up on your current cruise, Eileen? Any good as Tim Tams?

I have heard of the UK penguin biscuits from the UK. I personally haven't tried them but everyone says they are an imitation of the tim tams so even if they are nearly as good as tim tams, they must be nice.

Have to have a word to P & O Marion, this cruise was out of Sydney on the Pacific Dawn and they didn't have any tim tams on board!:eek: Such sacrilege!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thought of this thread today when walking through the grocery store (in Los Angeles County) - they had Pepperidge Farms Tim Tams - in chocolate and in caramel. I had to buy a package of each and my boys agree that they are very tasty!

Thought of this thread today when walking through the grocery store (in Los Angeles County) - they had Pepperidge Farms Tim Tams - in chocolate and in caramel. I had to buy a package of each and my boys agree that they are very tasty!

So we have regenerated this thread, huh? Well, there is no way I'm buying them again. The ones I hid in the freezer, I ate. I cruise too often to become addicted to those cookies and they are extremely addictable. It's all Eileen's fault and I'm sure we'll hear from her soon.

TimTams:

<<Tim Tams were introduced to the U.S.A. through Pepperidge Farm as a promotional item from November 2008 to March 2009.[4] They were sold through Target stores only; varieties offered were Original (sold as Chocolate Crème) and Caramel. Pepperidge Farm re-released these two varieties with Classic Dark 19th October 2009. This time the Original and Caramel varieties are available in supermarkets other than Target. They will be available in the U.S.A. until March 2010 and at the same time every year.[5]

So we have regenerated this thread, huh? Well, there is no way I'm buying them again. The ones I hid in the freezer, I ate. I cruise too often to become addicted to those cookies and they are extremely addictable. It's all Eileen's fault and I'm sure we'll hear from her soon.

:eek: WHAT?:eek: Oh, Pia! I am crushed! :eek::D

Hah! You will be back on them' date=' you won't be able to help yourself!!!! :eek::D[/quote']

Willpower, my dear. And lots of it! If I don't see them, I can't buy them. Which means of course, when I walk into Target, I don't cruise by the cookie aisle. ;)

Saw them today at the grocery store for the first time. Made by Pepperidge Farms. They looked yummy. Is it soft cookie cake like or is it crunchy. Looked like cake.

They are a biscuit not cake. ie crunchy but not hard crunchy. You just have to try them to understand. :D

They are a biscuit not cake. ie crunchy but not hard crunchy. You just have to try them to understand. :D

So I went into Target yesterday and did indeed walk down the dreaded aisle. YIKES! The price went up one dollar per package. That's 9 cents per cookie! Thanks to the combination of willpower and frugality, I DID NOT buy it.

Pia - pass out the willpower to others.

I don't think I could walk by Tim Tams and not have them jump into my arms. I don't have the heart to put them back. I have to take them with me and give them a good home.

How can you refuse????:rolleyes:

I think about my tight jeans and my next cruise. ;)

Such willpower Pia' date=' I'm impressed. Do you show such willpower on the ship?[/quote']

Yes, Eileen. I lead a very disciplined life which works well for me. That's why I'm up in the gym every morning, because I'm not the one cooking and portion control runs amok.

Yes, Eileen. I lead a very disciplined life which works well for me. That's why I'm up in the gym every morning, because I'm not the one cooking and portion control runs amok.

I wish I had your dedication. I don't eat much really and I stay a steady weight, but I do like my sweets!:D