Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

Wherever and whenever we meet up with our Canadian cousins, we always have to take a few packets of Cadburys Eclairs - toffees filled with chocolate - they say they have difficulty getting them out there. They live on the island as well in Duncan - our next big holiday is a few weeks with them next year, starting with the Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver, a few weeks on the island and then finishing with an Alaska cruise - can't wait. We'll be taking the Cadbury Eclairs with us:D

I have never heard of these but OMG they sound like something I would LOVE!! Get them to try the Goats on the roof market in Coombs, they have so much British food with the best selection (and price ) of Cadbury Chocolate I have ever seen, I will be looking for those Eclairs :)

Your vacation sounds lovely!!!

My sister raved about them and offeredy me some with after dinner coffee. Thay are heavenly. I bought some (chocolate and caramel flavour) and tried to ration them so they would last.

I don't know if was a limited trial here or not. The supermarket where I usually shop is undergoing a reno so things are always being moved around. I hope they are still available in Canada!

I may have to smuggle them on my next cruise for US passengers!

Edited by Ms. Alpha

Hey - less of the 'pommie':mad:

Have to agree that no way can vegemite be classed as a liquid but why did they not put in in their checked luggage - with that thick glass it would not break - and how big was the jar - you are allowed 100ml. Never tasted vegemite but DD says it is similar to, but not as nice as, our Marmite - don't like that very much though, Bovril is much tastier.

They were only going for 2 days and only had hand luggage which is why she was carrying it. Also I think it was such a mission for her to actually get the vegemite that I don't think she thought about flying with it. I'm not sure what size the bottle was but I guess it is considered the same as makeup etc when it comes to liquids and flying. She said she tried talking really nicely to customs, even begged but there was no way they would let her keep it.

Just tried the new yet-to-be-named "Vegemite". Was prejudiced against it before tasting, but after...yum. That one might possibly make the leap to become an American favourite too. It is less salty-tasting, much more mellow than the original. Give it a go, tequilatamm. Might take a jar for my US-based son & family when we visit later this year, now I know we can.

.... As for chocolate bullets, B & C's mum, I sure did miss them when we lived in the US. Wise to take your own if deprivation will cause you pain. Do try some American delicacies too - would recommend peanut butter cups and White Fudge Oreos myself. (But limit consumption, both are very sweet) Anyone else recommend some not-to-be-missed US snacks?

Don't know about that new vegemite. Although a lot of people have cheese and vegemite. Those cheese slices with vegemite through them died a quick death. So I don't know if this will catch on either. Us Aussies are pretty particular where our vegemite is concerned.

Licorice chocolate bullets are my absolute favourite lolly. I am naughty and have some every day. I have set a limit and six months from my cruise I have to stop and diet. One month to go........

Don't know about that new vegemite. Although a lot of people have cheese and vegemite. Those cheese slices with vegemite through them died a quick death. So I don't know if this will catch on either. Us Aussies are pretty particular where our vegemite is concerned.

Licorice chocolate bullets are my absolute favourite lolly. I am naughty and have some every day. I have set a limit and six months from my cruise I have to stop and diet. One month to go........

Well I agree, thought the new "Vegemite" would die a quick death. How dare they mess with our national icon, etc. Now, having tasted it, I'm not so sure. I liked it ...but then I am more of a Promite eater.

Well I agree, thought the new "Vegemite" would die a quick death. How dare they mess with our national icon, etc. Now, having tasted it, I'm not so sure. I liked it ...but then I am more of a Promite eater.

Oh, well Promite and Marmite are much sweeter than Vegemite, could be why you liked it. I saw it for sale in Aldi's in Caloundra last week. My DH asked if I wanted to try it - I passed. I might get some next time we are there. I will try to keep an open mind though I am not sure if I will like it. My DH probably will because he has cheese and vegemite all the time.

I haven't seen a licorice bullet for years but would love to find some. Cadbury chocolate is so wonderful but I can't keep it in the house except for special occasions.

Tim Tams are like vegemite to Australians. Everyone loves them.

http://www.about-australia-shop.com/timtams.htm

This link might help.

Tim Tams & Vegimite... ...2 Ausi favorites. Mrs Banjo loves the Tim Tams, but does not like the Vegemite. Me? I like both. Our Ausi friends will be visiting in August, with Tim Tams a plenty in the carry on!

BTW the originals are better than the new flavors!

Ok, I have added Tim Tams to my grocery list for Superstore after reading 6 pages of posts here I am curious! My mom brought home some chocolate covered black licorice when they went to Australia. Initially I thought that was a disgusting combination--one bite in I loved it! It was gone all too soon. Unfortunately, it was crazy expensive to ship the candy to Canada because I would love to have some again!

Ok, I have added Tim Tams to my grocery list for Superstore after reading 6 pages of posts here I am curious! My mom brought home some chocolate covered black licorice when they went to Australia. Initially I thought that was a disgusting combination--one bite in I loved it! It was gone all too soon. Unfortunately, it was crazy expensive to ship the candy to Canada because I would love to have some again!

Yep, chocolate bullets are certainly up there with tim tams as my favourite foods.

http://about-australia-shop.com/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&inc_subcat=1&categories_id=&pfrom=&pto=&x=9&y=8&keywords=tim+tam&gclid=CJ2xwZjL0JsCFRPyDAodYkIJLQ

our son returned from a Student Embassadors trip to Australia and brought TIM TAMS with him they are a very good cookie/biscuit we liked the original and the double chocolate the above link is were we purchase them for special occasions. FYI you can buy them by the case!!id

nuf said get your TIM TAMS

Well I found Tim Tams at Zehrs today YUMMMMM

Now trying to stay away from them but I hear them calling my name:D

DH spotted them in the cookie section, they had Original & Carmel ones

Lyn

Well I found Tim Tams at Zehrs today YUMMMMM

Now trying to stay away from them but I hear them calling my name:D

DH spotted them in the cookie section, they had Original & Carmel ones

Lyn

Oh, oh!!!!!! Now you've done it! You're hooked. :D Welcome to the Club........

We have a shop in our locla shopping mall that only stocks "gourmet or different" food items from different countries such as the UK and america.

It is like paradise in there.

Some times we go for something new in the chocolate/lolly section , sometimes we stick to favourites.

Darryl Lea soft licorice coated in chocolate is divine also and wouldnt weigh a lot to mail.

Amazing that something as simple as Tim tams can involve such a long thread but very understandable to Timtam lovers.

We have a shop in our locla shopping mall that only stocks "gourmet or different" food items from different countries such as the UK and america.

It is like paradise in there.

Some times we go for something new in the chocolate/lolly section , sometimes we stick to favourites.

Darryl Lea soft licorice coated in chocolate is divine also and wouldnt weigh a lot to mail.

Amazing that something as simple as Tim tams can involve such a long thread but very understandable to Timtam lovers.

Kaseyoz, are you talking about that Lolly shop at Warringah Mall?

I used to get my supply of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and A&W Root Beer there, before they sort of went mainstream in Sydney!

Today I just tried a chocolate covered raspberry licorice made in Australia and it was delish. Don't know the name of is but the licorice was very soft covered in milk chocolate. Yum.

Vette

Today I just tried a chocolate covered raspberry licorice made in Australia and it was delish. Don't know the name of is but the licorice was very soft covered in milk chocolate. Yum.

Vette

We buy Australian black & red licorice at Fresh Market but I've never seen the chocolate covered. Guess it's time to investigate.

Just recently Tim Tams have made their way to Canada via the Loblaws and Superstore grocery stores! I saw chocolate flavor and caramel flavor ones recently! I'm sure you'll find them in the US.

And you just reminded me, it would be fantastic to have a Tim Tam on the deck with a nice hot cup of coffee/tea!

I buy them every week yummmm. I get them at Loblaws & Independents about $2.99. They are in the section with cookies and other biscuits.

OK I have to admit I couldn't resist so I went looking for Tim Tams in our local Independent grocery store and there they were:D. I bought the chocolate ones for $2.99. I have managed to just eat half of one and they are very yummy!!! Now if they are available in our Northern Ontario Independent store in our small town I would think they would be available across the rest of Canada too.

One quick question though---the label says they are from New Zealand not Australia!!:confused:

OOPS!:o I just read the label again this time with my glasses on and they are product of Australia. There seems to a NZ office as well and that is what I read first!!

LOL, when I read your first post I went "what the?". Then I read your second one. :D

Glad you like them.

Yes, black and red (raspberry) chocolate covered licorice is an Aussie Favourite. Try it. YUM

B&C's MUM... now we just have to get them eating lamingtons and finger buns and such!

Now you're just Trifling with us.

We don't even have Mars Bars anymore, the #1 candy bar for many years...they are extinct as the Dodo bird in the US, but can be found in Europe.