Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

Hi,

My girlfriend is a member of the Arnott family. In the 1990's due to the last Labor Gov't pressure the Co was sold to Campbells Inc. There was an attempt years ago to try to market them in the US but it was a total flop. Recently, the Pepredge Farm division of Campbells was thinking of putting them out in the US but nothing yet. I love the SAOs too and the mint slices and the tiny teddies and the shapes and the Jatz's etc etc.

The person who came up with them in the 60's died a few years back. My girlfriend's uncle cam up with the name from a horse at the Kentuckey Durby. Ans she says they were better years ago when the family made them.

Jeffrey

Ok. I am back from World Market, and they did have them in chocolate and mint. I bought a package of chocolate ones and they are pretty delicious.

They are also on sale for $3.49 this week. :)

I can now see a huge rush on these, Better stock up girls before they all go.

You do know it is impossible to stop at just one timtam:D

I can now see a huge rush on these, Better stock up girls before they all go.

You do know it is impossible to stop at just one timtam:D

Did not seem to be a big rush on the TimTams, but the wooden Adorondak Chairs for $70 seemed to be drawing a crowd.

I was just practicing "dissertation avoidance therapy"!:p

Did not seem to be a big rush on the TimTams, but the wooden Adorondak Chairs for $70 seemed to be drawing a crowd.

I was just practicing "dissertation avoidance therapy"!:p

Hi Tracie, gee that is a bargain for the chairs, they are ..aus $295.00

here for the Fan back and Cape Cod styles.

just got to love Tim Tams.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Well if everybody else's World Market is like mine they should be glad for this thread! There were 2 people in the store besides me.:eek: There was no worry about me being tempted by chairs as I made a beeline for the candy/cookie department & left.:D

Well if everybody else's World Market is like mine they should be glad for this thread! There were 2 people in the store besides me.:eek: There was no worry about me being tempted by chairs as I made a beeline for the candy/cookie department & left.:D

It sounds as if there are a number of us CC folks who are participating in "dissertation avoidance therapy"!!!:p

We lived in New Zealand and positively existed on Tim Tams... There is nothing like them in the US, but we have brought many, many, many packets of Tim Tams and other biscuits in from NZ every time we travel there and have NEVER had a problem or a question from Customs. Bring all you like, and all you can fit (and one or two for me...) and I promise you, since they are a non-meat, non-plant, packaged and processed food product, you're perfectly legal in doing so (no need to smuggle!)...

Hi,

My girlfriend is a member of the Arnott family. ....The person who came up with them in the 60's died a few years back. My girlfriend's uncle cam up with the name from a horse at the Kentuckey Durby. Ans she says they were better years ago when the family made them. Jeffrey

Thanks for the interesting bit of Arnott's history...and I do agree that they used to be better (though still very yummy now of course). But SAOs are now too small...

Thanks for the interesting bit of Arnott's history...and I do agree that they used to be better (though still very yummy now of course). But SAOs are now too small...

Yes, I remember many a rainy Sunday afternoon when I was growing up having sliced tomatoes on Sao's in front of the TV watching the afternoon matinee. Good memories!! :D

Add to my list....go to World Market in search of Tim Tams/Arnott's....

Now what are Crunchies, Pollywaffles and Violet Crumbles?

Crunchies are chocolate covered honeycomb in a bar about 6 inches x 1 inch x 1 inch.

Pollywaffles are marshmallow logs covered with a crunchy biscuit coating and covered in chocolate.

Violet crumbles are the aussie equivalent of crunchies.

Crunchies are chocolate covered honeycomb in a bar about 6 inches x 1 inch x 1 inch.

Pollywaffles are marshmallow logs covered with a crunchy biscuit coating and covered in chocolate.

Violet crumbles are the aussie equivalent of crunchies.

Hi Eileen, I am a Tim Tam girl from way back, and in the bar section , don't forget Cherry Ripe.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Good Morning everyone. OK, today is Tuesday, and as promised I am going Tim Tam hunting. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but if it gets him a cookie he'll go along with anything. ;) Will check in with you later today and let you know if I was successful. :)

Good Morning everyone. OK, today is Tuesday, and as promised I am going Tim Tam hunting. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but if it gets him a cookie he'll go along with anything. ;) Will check in with you later today and let you know if I was successful. :)

Sounds like my husband. Happy hunting.

Hi Pia, happy hunting. Your husband will change his tune when he tastes the Tim Tams.

Hi Eileen. When I was a kid our mums always served buttered SAOs with a slice of tomato and grated cheese on top for afternoon tea. Important not to assemble the delicacy too soon, otherwise the SAO got soggy. (My grandson stilll loves SAOs.)

Ok I'll bite- What are Cherry Ripes?

Yes, inquiring minds really want to know just what are Cherry Ripes?

With the way we all are going maybe we should buy stock in World Imports! ;) See what you started Eileen! :D

Barb

Guest xywolap
Yes, inquiring minds really want to know just what are Cherry Ripes?

Barb

They are a chocolate bar... a center of cherries and coconut covered with thick dark chocolate. Very nice indeed...:D

Drool here ... http://www.cadbury.com.au/Products/Chocolate-Bars/Cherry-Ripe-Bar.aspx

and here... http://images.google.com.au/images?hl=en-GB&q=cherry+ripe&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_en-GBAU335AU335&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=vABvSuSvAomNkAXc_Mm5BQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1