Emerald Princess - St. Johns eco-hike & beach excursion info

hunter33

Anyone done it? We are thinking about doing this excursion in October. It's a boat ride, 1.5 mile hike thru a national park on St. Johns, snorkeling trip at Honeymoon beach, a walk through the botanical gardens at a resort, then a ferry ride back to port. We wanted to do some more outdoorsy things in USVI and have heard St. Johns is quieter and less crowded than St. Thomas. The snorkeling is rumored to be very good at Honeymoon beach too.

• 4 months later...

I am not aware of a National Park in St.JohnS, maybe you should check with the Antiguan Gov't

If you are referring to ST.JOHN, then yes, it is alot quiter and the scenery is amazing. If it's a tour though the ship I would not worry about time, but if your doing this on your onw, be mindful of your time and leave enough time to get back to St. Thomas via ferry and then then from the Ferry to the ship. I would suggest a minimum of 1 1/2 hours, but 2 would be safer, as schedules are not always on time.

Honeymoon beach is nice. I can't comment on the snorkling, never done it there. Whne was a kid the big attraction at Honeymoon Beach was the sting rays that hung outthere and would eat out of your hand. We would feed them chopped up squid and fish. I have heard that they are long gone :(

Scott

laser110 - at Cinnamon Bay you can sometimes see stingrays swimming around.

dmmjer - from the description of the excursion it sounds like the hike is Lind Point Trail, which starts just behind the National Park Visitor Center and goes to Honeymoon Beach. The garden is likely at Caneel Bay, as the Lind Point Trail connects Honyemoon Beach and Caneel Bay. So you can look up the Lind Point Trail, Honeymoon and Caneel Bay to get a better idea of the what the tour involves.

--Islander

Archived