prinsendam entertainment

jimbo23

we are off on a med cruise on prinsedam in about 8 weeks time.

what might we expect in the way of entertainment or lounge acts ?

The theatre reminds me of the show lounge on norwegian dream.

Jim

I can't help with info on current acts, but I can give a general overview of what's available.

There was a movie in the Wajang Theatre. The Ocean Bar (just steps from the dining rooms) has music for listening/dancing. One deck up from the dining rooms (there's a direct staircase from the smaller dining room) is the Explorers Lounge. Light Classical music is played there. There's the Crow's Nest with a piano player. Great views, music, good drinks. Ahhhhh. :)

The Prinsendam has one of the nicest show lounges in the HAL fleet. It's tiered, so sightlines are good. And there's tables to hold your drinks. Do watch yourself, though, as there are spots where there is a step from the ramp to the seat. It can be easy to miss.

The Prinsendam does not have a Piano Bar/Lounge, as the other HAL ships do, and does not have a Northern Lights disco.

We were on the Prinsendam last summer for three weeks and some of the acts were great, others we left after just a few minutes and others were worth staying That being said, there were four of us travelling together and sometimes, we all enjoyed the show, or only one or two of us left early......really, it depends on what you enjoy. Even my husband doesn't always share my opinion on the entertainment :rolleyes:!!!!

We were on the Zuiderdam three years ago on a repositioning cruise - the entertainment was a disaster.....the shows with the singers and dancers were repeated.......the ship had been doing 7 day Alaska cruises all summer and didn't have the shows for a three week cruise. We took another cruise this year on the Zuiderdam - this time we were at every show and enjoyed them all.

G & H

We were on the 50 Day Grand Med and Black Sea Voyage. One of the Acts we saw was the Three Texas Tenors that is on TV for America has Talent. Thay have made it to Las Vages so you should be seeing them when the show goes there. Most everyone on the ship really injoyed them. Penny

Archived