Topless sunbathing?

beernrum

In the Caribbean on Lirica us lucky men did it all the time ! !

Seriously though there were a reasonable number of ladies mainly from Europe who sun bathed topless in what was called "The Solarium". This is a glass screened open area right at very top above the Deck 12 suites.

I guess counting the number of passengers it was limited to perhaps 16/20 individuals. However take into account that a large number of elderly passengers do not don swim wear at all and also that "The Solarium" - on our cruise - seemed to be used by only a few individuals (40 + persons) anyway.

I have read criticisms of topless sunbathing in one or two reviews by lady passengers.

Looking at my Opera Deck Plans they have this area also so would suggest investigate and then do what you wish.

Thanks for the information. I hope they do not start banning this practice in wanting to Americanize everything they do. It appears that MSC is bending under pressure to be something different, and wanting to please Americans so much that it is losing some of its character. Lets hope some things do remain different.

We have a HUGE list of things we do NOT wish to see changed!!

Then you read that Sasso is so inept at his job that he needs "feed back" from Travel Agents. The people he should be listening to are the the paying passenger and especially those that are loyal and repeating customers who appreciate MSC for WHAT THEY ARE.

Let those that want it have their big macs, plastic, neon, tinsel and chocolates on pillows and steer clear of MSC.

Dear czechmate,

You are absolutely right with your words. I think the repeaters will have to react more. I was on Melody and Lirica and hope to go on Opera next spring/summer:D .

On the card on board I put "stay yourself !!!". Unfortunately they have allready started to charge for the sauna/steamroom, while it is not a really sauna/steamroom because there is no hot footbath, no splashwater, no icewatertub, no connecting cooling-down area, etc.

Is there an (email-)address for writing to Sasso, or just to head-office of MSC in Switserland ??:confused:

Henri.

Archived