evening in Athens

vbfamily

We would like to have dinner in Athens to see the Acropolis at night. What is the best and safest way to get back to the port? What time to the taxi fares switch from day to night fares? If we take the metro back to Pireaus are taxis available at night to take us to the ship? Thank you in advance.

We would like to have dinner in Athens to see the Acropolis at night. What is the best and safest way to get back to the port? What time to the taxi fares switch from day to night fares? If we take the metro back to Pireaus are taxis available at night to take us to the ship? Thank you in advance.

The best and safest way is a taxi back to the port; from central Athens, you should pay, at most, 20 Euros (our cost from our central Athens hotel to Piraeus last month with a lot of luggage).

The taxi fares do not switch to higher night rates until midnight.

My understanding is that you will have to spend 10 Euros for a taxi from the metro terminus in Piraeus to the cruiseport, so I would just take a taxi from central Athens. It's only about 7 miles and should take no more than 20 minutes.

I strongly advise that for either route, definitely agree on the fare before you enter the taxi. Also, have the restaurant call the taxi for you.

Enjoy your trip! Our visit to Athens last month was our second in less than a year (one at the end of a cruise and this last time before a cruise), and it is a fun and vibrant city.

a note about taxi... if your restaurant or hotel etc call a taxi, the meter start when taxi come to your place and there is an extra charge of 5 euro..

I have pay a night from Piraeus to Athens center 30 euro (after midnight, before 2 years, now must be 5-10 euro more)

• 1 month later...

Archived