Menu Momento

thepupp1e

When we last cruised on P&O, our waiter presented us with a folder of all the evening menus on the last night. Can anyone tell me if Celebrity do this as well? We are sailing on the Equinox in December.

Thanks for your help.

I have never heard of the whole week either. When we cruised Celebrity over Thanksgiving we were presented with the Thanksgiving menu. That being said, if there is a reason you want the whole weeks menu, ask the Head Waiter and I'm sure he will get it for you. I did that on the Explorer last time and he gave it to me on the final night.

It would not hurt to ask. When we were on Solstice, DH wanted to know in advance what the menus would be so he could decide whether to eat in Blu or the MDR. Upon our request, our maitre d' gave us copies of the Blu menus for the last five or six evenings of the druise (DH got his idea to ask midway through!) We still have them as a neat memento...

Did I get this wrong? I thought the OP was asking if Celebrity gave out the evening menus in a folder as a keepsake on the last night. I don't think they do, but they certainly let you look at the future menus if you have some dietary concern.

As one poster pointed out, the presentation of the dinner menus at the end of a cruise seems to be something that has been phased out.

To get around this, I make a point of requesting the menu, and dessert menu if there is a separate one, from my Steward at the end of every dining room meal. Usually, the Steward is more than happy to honor my request. On one recent cruise, the Steward was not able to do so and I had to make my request to one of the Assistant Maitre d's. It was obviously something that no one else had ever asked of her. She said she would see what she could do. She ended up giving me xerox copies of the menus, which was satisfactory for my purposes. However, when I asked a different Assistant Maitre d' in a different dining room on the same ship for the breakfast menu, I received the actual menu immediately. Interesting, I thought.

This is another of the niceties that has been phased out of things the cruise line did for you that made cruising special. We always used to receive the menus for the cruise from our waiter at dinner on the last evening. They usually wrote a note to you and it was a reminder of your special cruise. Sadly it no longer happens.

CRUISING AIN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE!

Celebrity does not do this.

I think I remember receiving a packet of mini menus (or maybe they were available for purchase) on our first Celebrity cruise back in 1992 (when Celebrity only had 3 ships and they only did 7 day cruises).

Many years ago they did this on some of the cruiselines but I don't recall Celebrity doing it on a regular basis. I remember the Princess menus were works of art. It would be so expensive to do it today with the size and number of ships and the cruisefares.

A small digital camera will accomplish the purpose and then you can store them on your computer.

This is another of the niceties that has been phased out of things the cruise line did for you that made cruising special. .... Sadly it no longer happens.

CRUISING AIN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE!

Along with phasing out burning coal, 3rd, 2nd class sections, tux and full gowns every evening and so on, yes cruising 'ain't' what it use to be - thank god.

Menus were never provided by any of the cruise lines I've sailed, even back in the 'good ole days' so I don't think something never done can be phased out.

I enjoy the dining experience, but I'm afraid I'm one who doesn't want a copy of every menu. It would end up in the pile of stuff I would get around to tossing some day. A digital copy of a one might be nice I guess. I don't even like to look at the upcoming menu until we get into the MDR. I'm not a selective eater and know I'll find something I think I'd like or experiment with every evening. My workday life is too structured to go on vacation and start planning what to eat for dinner early on. Realize some have dietary issues, but that is just my approach.

Denny

They still do it on P&O!

We were surprised when we were on P&O a few months ago and received every dinner menu for our 10 day cruise, signed by our waiter and his assistant. Nice thought and I've still got them....... but don't really know what to do with them! :rolleyes:

Thank you for all the replies. As menus are not presented on the last evening, I will do as one poster suggested and take a photo each night. It is a nice momento and the advantage of a 'digital keepsake' is the storage it saves at home!

Archived