Is the Royal Caribbean website down?

I just went on royalcaribbean.com to check the itinerary for my cruise on Thursday. It says that it is unable to access my reservation when I signed in. Did anyone else have this problem? :confused::confused::confused:

Apparently they are doing maintenance on their database or data warehouse systems, so while the website is up, those pages that have to be generated through connections to the data warehouse won't work. Usuallly, maintenance is done late at night on a weekend to minimize inconvenience to the user community.

We need a sticky topic for this because I had the same question last week and I suspect we'll continue to have these issues every darn weekend....RCI website is just pathetic - if it isn't down, then going from page to page while logged in a hit and miss half the time with stupid error messages that force you to go back and try again.

It's every Saturday night and this gets asked every Saturday night. I still say RCCL needs to make sure their IT folks have a message that pops up and says the site is undergoing maintenance instead of saying you don't have a reservation.

Why don't they post a note that the website is undergoing maintenance? I went to check on prices and it said no cabins were available on my sailing. I knew that was wrong unless they sold out the ship between 2:00 pm and 8:00 pm and I doubt that happened.

Why does it need maintenance every week?

It's not the entire site, it's just when you try to access your reservation info. I'm thinking they're updating and maintaining the reservation info, but that said, they should be able to do most things invisibly to us. Site maintenance isn't necessary every week. Carnival's website doesn't go down every week on the same day nor does it go down for hours at a time, so this is obviously a choice that's been made.

Archived