Anyone Recently Used Ramses Tours?

CRUISERTN

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We just booked with Ramaside (Ramsey) Tours for an overnight in Luxor in April 2020. While I can’t speak to the actual tour experience yet, the booking experience was a total breeze. I had answers to each of my questions within an hour (during their business hours). The booking process was simple and all

dome over email, and when I couldn’t get the operations manager’s information into my WhatsApp account he added me so I could have peace of mind and easily connect with him once we are on the ship. 10/10 so far. I’ll report back after our tour, but I’m super excited and optimistic that we’ll be well looked after. Thanks Haitham Masoud! 

Just used Ramses Tours for an overnight trip to Luxor from Safaga port, and left very satisfied with the company’s services. The cost was considerable less than the ship’s tours, which only offered 12-hour day tours, that considering the almost 4-hour drive each way, would not have left much time in Luxor.   The Ramses Tour included lunch on day one, a hotel night (in our case the Sonesta Hotel with a partial Nile view room) and breakfast on day 2.  
I made our reservation directly with the company’s representative Haitham Masoud who was very responsive throughout the entire reservation process. There were a total of 17 people in our group, all passengers from our cruise ship.  Our guide Mohammad was very enthusiastic and made the tour fun.  

On 7/19/2009 at 9:45 PM, CRUISERTN said:

Wondering if anyone has recently used Ramses Tours for an overnight tour while in Egypt? Will be using them in a few months and was wondering if someone could give a review of how their recent tour was with them. I have read many posts from people who are booked with them for upcoming excursions, but not from anyone who has actually used them recently. Did you visit everything as planned? Any info will be most appreciated.

On 7/19/2009 at 9:45 PM, CRUISERTN said:

Wondering if anyone has recently used Ramses Tours for an overnight tour while in Egypt? Will be using them in a few months and was wondering if someone could give a review of how their recent tour was with them. I have read many posts from people who are booked with them for upcoming excursions, but not from anyone who has actually used them recently. Did you visit everything as planned? Any info will be most appreciated.

We were on tour with your company on November 26-27, 2019. Our tour included Luxor, Karnak Temples, Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple and many other sites. We stayed overnight at the Sofitel Winter Palace—a lovely experience!  The tour was simply exceptional and we enjoyed seeing a small part of wonderful Egypt.
Our tour guide, Abdo Snosy, was outstanding. He was friendly, knowledgable and professional. He made us feel welcome and gave us the best tour we could ask for. Also, the tour package met all our needs and expectations.
We would recommend this tour company to anyone touring this area of Egypt. You did a great job. Special thanks to Abdo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We used Rammaside tours in November of 2018 for a private overnight tour to Luxor - we arrived at Safaga.  I was not very impressed with our guide, unfortunately I can't remember his name.  One the drive to Luxor he and the driver spent a lot of the time chatting with each other rather than telling us about Luxor and Egypt.  We had been told we'd have to shop while in Luxor which did not happen and the meals were unfortunately very typical tour bus type of meals.  I would not book with this company again.  We did have a fabulous tour with Jordan Echo Tours seeing Wadi Rum and Petra when we docked in Aqaba and I would highly recommend them - our driver/guide couldn't do enough for us including finding us a liquor store to buy wine to take back onboard.  

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

We are taking a tour to Luxor with Ramasside Tours this November.  They are quick to reply to any and all questions so I anticipate a great guide and a wonderful day in Luxor for our group of 10.                                                                                                      I'll be sure to post here on Cruise Critic with details on the trip from Safaga to Luxor.

Edited by sansterre
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wanted to point out that Ramasside Tours and Ramses Tours are the same company.  They have the exact same phone numbers.  They do have different email addresses.  I am comparing the overnight tours they offer as shore excursions from Alexandria to Cairo, and so far, they are precisely identical.

We just finished the overnight Ramses tour in Cairo from Alexandria. Our guide Mina was great and accommodating showing us all the Pyramid sites and learning about life in Egypt. I might next time stay in a luxury hotel rather than the 5 * hotel as would have liked to be on the Nile and also would have chosen the sound &light show over the Nile dinner cruise. overall I would definitely recommend Ramses Tours and ask for Mina.

Just a quick question regarding Ramses Tours deposit and payment ppolicies:

I have just booked 2 tours with Ramses for next July 2023. Mohamed was very quick to reply and I used the link provided in his booking email to make the deposit ($100US for each tour).

Now Rokaia ( who is she?) is asking me to pay 40% of the tour price by credit card now!!!

I am confused and sent them an email to ask them to clarify: I thought that the $100 US deposit is all that is required and the rest we can pay by cash or credit card.

I really don't want to pay the 40% now, there's still 10 monthsd before my tours and with the uncertainty that we are experiencing now, that's not what I want to do.

Can anyone tell me what was their experience with the deposit and full payment with Ramses tours?

Thanks

September 2022. Ramasside Tours

Would highly recommended RamassidebTours. We did the overnight in Cairo and it was everything I imagine. Our guide Mina was excellent, very knowledgeable and kind.  We stopped at the Egypt Cotton store which we all felt we should have skipped, but we asked to stop there. Nothing was pushed” on us. He told us options and stopped wherever we wanted. I found the local venders had the Best Buy’s. Be sure to negotiate!

The Hotel was fine, but definitely not. 5 star more a 3.5 but bed was comfortable and room clean 

We chose to do the dinner cruise. Mina got us good seats and made sure we were first in line for buffet. But I wouldn’t recommend. It wasn’t what I expected— but someone else might enjoy. Entertainment was very long and long— if it was half the times would have been better. I was looking for a quite random Dr on Nile taking in sites and having a nice dinner 

Our driver was amazing—-driving there is crazy — but felt every safe the entire two days

Best way to see Egypt in two days!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/25/2022 at 9:12 AM, stefanny28 said:

Just a quick question regarding Ramses Tours deposit and payment ppolicies:

I have just booked 2 tours with Ramses for next July 2023. Mohamed was very quick to reply and I used the link provided in his booking email to make the deposit ($100US for each tour).

Now Rokaia ( who is she?) is asking me to pay 40% of the tour price by credit card now!!!

I am confused and sent them an email to ask them to clarify: I thought that the $100 US deposit is all that is required and the rest we can pay by cash or credit card.

I really don't want to pay the 40% now, there's still 10 monthsd before my tours and with the uncertainty that we are experiencing now, that's not what I want to do.

Can anyone tell me what was their experience with the deposit and full payment with Ramses tours?

Thanks

We have Ramses Tours booked as well.  What was the resolution for this?  Did you have to pay out the 40% prior?  I thought this company only wanted payment upon completion.  

Does anyone have any recent information to share about Ramses?

2 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

We have Ramses Tours booked as well.  What was the resolution for this?  Did you have to pay out the 40% prior?  I thought this company only wanted payment upon completion.  

Does anyone have any recent information to share about Ramses?

We only paid a deposit of $100 US/tour. But then our itinerary was changed by the cruise line so we end up having to cancel both tours.

They refunded us quickly without any problem.

We have another cruise next march with 2 days stop in Egypt. We will definitely book with them again.

• 3 months later...

I recently used Ramses Tours for shore excursions from Alexandria port to Cairo and a trip to Luxor from Safaga port, and I must say that they exceeded my expectations in both locations. The entire experience was seamless, and the knowledgeable guides made sure we didn't miss a thing.

My tour guide in Cairo was Mina, and in Luxor, I had Mohammed – both were proper Egyptologists. The transportation was comfortable and well-maintained, and we felt safe throughout the journey.

We are going to use Ramses Tours for our Celebrity Apex cruise that starts on September 26.

I will be spending my birthday October 2, 2023 in Egypt and am very excited. I had a friend in the travel business look up  this company because I didn't know anything about them and he said they are reliable!!!

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 7:57 AM, ducruiser01 said:

I recently used Ramses Tours for shore excursions from Alexandria port to Cairo and a trip to Luxor from Safaga port, and I must say that they exceeded my expectations in both locations. The entire experience was seamless, and the knowledgeable guides made sure we didn't miss a thing.

My tour guide in Cairo was Mina, and in Luxor, I had Mohammed – both were proper Egyptologists. The transportation was comfortable and well-maintained, and we felt safe throughout the journey.

What cruise line was this if you don’t mind me asking? Two ports in Egypt sounds fantastic.