Cruise Port Transfer Beijing -XINGANG

apeller

I have two other options.

1. Grayline Beijing (94$ pp): http://www1.etix.com/travel/servlet/onlineSale;jsessionid=0179B97F3E11B5DB7616CE177A0AE643?action=viewTourDescription&route_id=5824&franchise_id=53

2. SinoHotelGuide http://www.sinohotelguide.com/

I have contacted these guys and they charge us 150$. Since we are a group of 4, that makes it 37.50$ pp). Quite a difference with the cruise line.

I second the train option, not only for the cost but also because you get to see some of the landscape. But if you want more convenience, here is a site that also provides travel from hotel to the port for $57 pp in private car, based on 2 people sharing (less with 4) :

http://www.chinahighlights.com/beijing/optionaltours.htm

Please do share with the board the method you choose to use, and how convenient/enjoyable it was. Thanks

My wife and I took the Beijing to Hong Kong cruise back in 96.Then nobody and I mean hardly anyone spoke English.When you have to be at the cruise ship at a certain time I would stick with the Cruise lines transfer.It would be very expensive if you missed the ship cause the train got stuck or the car service you took broke down.Theres no AAA in China.

There was a tour in Shanghai that took people by train for a full day tour.The train broke down,the cruise line sent busses too pick up the passenger's who where on the tour.The ship waited for 2 hrs for them too get back.There where other passengere's who where on the same train,but didnt book with the ships tour.Lucky for them they had there ID with them so they where taken back.

I'd agree with Acrusa if this was a port visit. Then, one must always weigh the cost savings against the possibility of missing the ship. However, this isn't a port visit--it's to emark the ship. A taxi from the airport to the port would cost less than 1/2 of what Princess is charging (for 2 people). I will be in Beijing 3 days before we embark on the ship--the choice of taking the Princess transfer never even entered my mind. Add to the equation that the ship departs at 5 pm, I can't see why anyone would want to pay the inflated price for a bus--a limosine would be more comfortable, and cost less. BTW, if you do decide to take the Princess transfer, you must take an operational overnight to insure proper transfer to the ship. The added expense really just serves to inflame my skeptiscm at the corporate world taking advantage of unsuspecting folks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We'll be on the Diamond Princess from Beijing to Singapore embarking 24 Nov, and have just started looking into transfer possibilities Beijing to Xingang Cruise Port Terminal.

beijinglimo:

The cost for an airport transfer is US$59 and the transfer from Beijing

to the Xingang Port Cruise is US$259. The price is based on a Buick

minivan which can hold six passengers.

Is someone perhaps interested in sharing a minvan with us (2 p.) to the Xingang Port on Nov. 24?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The cost per person for a minivan from Beijing to Xingang Cruise Terminal is about $37 (4 persons in van) and $26 (6 persons in van).

Is someone perhaps interested in sharing a minivan with us (2 p.) to the Xingang Cruise Port on Nov. 24 to board the Diamond Princess?

My wife and I took the Beijing to Hong Kong cruise back in 96.Then nobody and I mean hardly anyone spoke English.When you have to be at the cruise ship at a certain time I would stick with the Cruise lines transfer.It would be very expensive if you missed the ship cause the train got stuck or the car service you took broke down.Theres no AAA in China.

There was a tour in Shanghai that took people by train for a full day tour.The train broke down,the cruise line sent busses too pick up the passenger's who where on the tour.The ship waited for 2 hrs for them too get back.There where other passengere's who where on the same train,but didnt book with the ships tour.Lucky for them they had there ID with them so they where taken back.

English is a required course at all China schools. Taught from the first grade on. The Chinese are getting ready for the 2008 Olympics and everything is almost ready(they really want to show the world the difference). If you haven't been there since 1996 you have missed really incredible change. Go back. and they may be the last major country on earth that loves Americans- they adnire our spirit and our capitalism. That being said unless you get the transfers from a reputable and known entity think twice.

Hi

does anyone know how long the transfer takes from Xingang to Beijing airport?

We would arrive 7am in Xingang and would hope to make a 1.05pm flight- is that too aggressive?

thanks

Hi

I'm on the Oct 12 cruise from osaka to beijing and my TA said the transfer from xingang to beijing should take 2 1/2 hours by bus. I don't know where it airport is but this should help a little.

edna

Thanks edna

Just got an answer from our TA:

Princess recommend taking flights after 2pm since they say we should allow 4 hours for the transfer! So a 1.05 will be a bit risky ;-((

Hi

does anyone know how long the transfer takes from Xingang to Beijing airport?

We would arrive 7am in Xingang and would hope to make a 1.05pm flight- is that too aggressive?

thanks

Hi Aclay - we're booked on the Sapphire Bangkok to Xingang Nov 11-06 cruise only and need to get from the port to the airport - we don't plan to stay in Beijing as we don't have enough time sadly.... Who are you planning to use to get to the airport?

Does anyone know if you can just book the transfer with Princess whilst on the cruise, or does it need to be booked in advance?

Also, will there be there be anyone at the port to offer this service on the day (non-Princess)

Thanks!

I second the train option, not only for the cost but also because you get to see some of the landscape. But if you want more convenience, here is a site that also provides travel from hotel to the port for $57 pp in private car, based on 2 people sharing (less with 4) :

http://www.chinahighlights.com/beijing/optionaltours.htm

Please do share with the board the method you choose to use, and how convenient/enjoyable it was. Thanks

I just took a peek at this website and it looked good (and reasonable) for transfers and maybe some sightseeing en-route to the airport from the port.

Has anyone used them and can offer comments?

Thanks!

Archived