leaving in a week...please help!

lupee13

We are scheduled for the dunns river falls/mystic mountain tour through carnival.

My main question is, what kind of clothing should we wear for dunns? I've seen pictures and some are in swimsuits and some are wearing regular clothes? I'm really not sure what the best option is, especially since we are going to mystic mountain after.

Also, it seems that everyone agrees that it is best to wear water shoes while climbing the falls, am I correct?

Thanks!

firstly, to book through carnival is too expensive, i used http://www.knowjamaica.com and did the same tour at a way less cost.

Email latoyafoote@yahoo.com to make reservations with marva shaw- best tour guide in jamaica. any ways to answer your question water shoes are a must, and u can take ur swim suit, changing areas r available.

I personally, would wear light weight shorts over my bathing suit and watershoes. You will be climbing and stretching your legs upward and I really don't think most people want to see somebodies booty hanging out of their swimsuit:eek:! Well, I take that back, there will be some that would probably enjoy it:p!! I, personally, would not want to be broadcasting my backside to the world. JMHO.

I'm also doing Dunns Falls and Mystic Mountain throu Carnival in Oct. I don't know what port you are coming into, but we're coming from Mo Bay. I check the prices to do it throu private tour guides and throu Carnival. Carnival was cheaper, at least from Mo Bay, and safer with the long drive. Now if you're coming into Ocho Rios that may be a different matter... In fact they have shuttles that go back and forth.

As far as cloths, I'm wearing a one piece swim suit w/shorts; and water shoes. They have lockers there you can rent for about $3/$5. They also rent water shoes for $5, but who wants to wear someone elses water shoes... I'll have a t shirt and capris to put on after. I may keep my suit on because they have a pool at Mystic Mountain. It depends on how fast it dries. And don't forget a waterproof camera :D

Mona

• 5 weeks later...

If you book with a tour guide like Shaw or Taylor (we used Courtney) you can leave your goods in the truck while you go to the falls.

All the girls in our group wore shorts/1 piece with water shoes.

We came from Ocho Rios so not sure what the costs would be from M.Bay but definately worth looking into it. If you book a guide you can go somewhere else after the falls.

Have Fun!

Archived