$69 NO hotel with free parking during cruise

SLL

We tried to book Hilton Riverside's $99 plus parking and couldn't get it; they told us the cruise special price for Jan. is $198. But, we got The Prytania Park Hotel on Prytania Street to give us a room for $69 for 1 night, $13 for 1 night parking but we can park there during the cruise for free if we book the room. Does anyone know anything about Prytania Park Hotel? Like most hotels, I've read some good and bad reviews. They told me that the cruise terminal is only 1/2 mile from the hotel so we could walk, but we really don't know if it is or not. Anyone with information on this hotel, please let us know. :confused:

slittre@uark.edu

We are staying at Prytania Park Feb 2-6 before we cruise on the Conquest. I would appreciate you letting us know when you get back how you liked it.

I read several reviews on travel advisor, some good some bad. The bad reviews seem to be based largely on outdated marketing information. They used to have a free shuttle, (no longer the case) used to offer free parking (now a $13 fee) and I gather their continental breakfast consists of a packaged muffin.

Knowing these things going in, and the great prices they have, I thought this would be a good deal.

Budget Queen, what are your concerns about location? I understand it is in a lovely part of the garden district just a block off St Charles and a street car stop and around the corner from Commander's Palace. Is there something I should know (traveling with a 7 year old). Or is it that we are away from the action of the French Quarter?

Cindy

You aren't in the Garden District. :) That doesn't start until Jackson. It is a dead area in my opinion. Probably fine for your needs but determine WHAT if any activites you are considering. Walkable is a big factor in New Orleans touring. :)

I would agree with Budget Queen. This hotel is not in the best part of Prytania st. I don't know much about this particular hotel ,but I would definately recommend taking a cab to wherever you need to go.. Do Not Walk through any neighborhood you are not familiar with. You cannot walk to the pier from the hotel.

Dave

We are also staying at this very hotel in Jan 05. Our TA is the one who booked it for our group. I am not worried much about it at all because I do trust our TA. I, too, have read some good & not so good reviews about the hotel. Definitely plan on adding my 2 cents worth regarding our stay when we return! :cool:

Happy sailing,

T.

Has your TA been there????? I find it interesting that information was requested about this hotel and then when it is not what you want to hear- Oh Well. :) I am a MANY time visitor to New Orleans- just back from a week begining of December. Location is extremely important in New Orleans- it is best seen via walking and close proximity. If the French Quarter activities are a priority- Jackson Square, French Market etc. Then this is a poor location. I walked by the hotel a few weeks ago- just somewhere I wouldn't stay. As mentioned the parking deal is excellent- which seems to be the priority- so happy travels. :)

Has your TA been there????? I find it interesting that information was requested about this hotel and then when it is not what you want to hear- Oh Well. :) I am a MANY time visitor to New Orleans- just back from a week begining of December. Location is extremely important in New Orleans- it is best seen via walking and close proximity. If the French Quarter activities are a priority- Jackson Square, French Market etc. Then this is a poor location. I walked by the hotel a few weeks ago- just somewhere I wouldn't stay. As mentioned the parking deal is excellent- which seems to be the priority- so happy travels. :)
Not sure if you were addressing me or not, but thought I would answer anyhow so I wouldn't appear to be rude if you were. :cool:

Our TA specifically told us that she had not been there herself, but her daughter (whom I know personally) & her family have stayed there. Our TA isn't hiding anything, if that is what you are trying to imply. She has passed along hotel pamphlets, given out their website & has made sure everyone in our large group are all informed about this hotel.

I didn't request any info regarding this hotel, so the comments - whether they be negative or positive - aren't going to change my mind. I just gave my input to the original poster just as you & everyone else had. Simple as that.

I, too, have been to New Orleans many of times myself. I have family in New Orleans & surrounding areas & have spent numerous of summers as well as holidays there. I am not too concerned about location as I am about parking. We can easily make our way around with our vehicles or cab it, if we choose to do so. New Orleans doesn't scare me. We are trying something different by staying at this hotel & I am still looking forward to the experience - good or bad.

The info you have provided would be right on for the first-timer to NO, if they are wanting to get a feel of the city.

Happy travels to you as well. :)

Happy sailing,

T.

I would be interested in staying at this property for our 5/21 Sensation sailing. They quoted me an $89 rate with free parking for the cruise which is still a pretty good deal. I guess my concern is....where is the free parking? Is it a covered lot? Enclosed lot? Will I have to but new tires & wheels when I get back? Anyone with first hand experience?

Thanks,

Injun Joe

seajay829 we will let you know how this hotel stacks up after we stay there next month. A friend stayed there and they liked it. First cruise: Jan. 6, 2005 Sensation:D

Littrells,

Thank you. I did have a nice talk with a man named Ethan at the Prytania today just confirming the details of our reservation. He was very friendly and helpful. There was a bit of confusion on our reservation, but we worked it out with Expedia pretty simply. I am, however, glad that I called to confirm in advance, rather than getting stressed out checking in.

Hope you have a wonderful stay and cruise!

Cindy

Archived