anyone stay in cabin 1663 aft Solstice

dje27

My husband and I are worried about this cruise in January 2010. We did a lot of research for cabins with a bigger balcony. We compared them to the Millenium. But now that we see pictures of the Equinox Im afraid we will not be happy. Has anyone stayed in the cabin number? If so can you tell me if it going to be too hot and no privacy which seems to be what I am reading. thank you

Was in 1663 last year on Solstice. Loved it enough to have it booked for this year on Equinox. Privacy is not an issue--you have to be up against the railing for anyone above/below/beneath to see you. There is some shade, but not abundant for sure.

I was in 1663 last March and agree that this is a very nice cabin. No one can see you from above unless they are really making an effort to do so. Agree with the shade issues. It is not abundant but adequate. There are poles in the room. One next to the bed and another nearer the bathroom. The poles did not detract from my enjoyment of this room. The porthole window was awesome! I wouldn't hesitate to book this room again.

Patsy :)

I was in 1663 last March and agree that this is a very nice cabin. No one can see you from above unless they are really making an effort to do so. Agree with the shade issues. It is not abundant but adequate. There are poles in the room. One next to the bed and another nearer the bathroom. The poles did not detract from my enjoyment of this room. The porthole window was awesome! I wouldn't hesitate to book this room again.

Patsy :)

Poles? In the room? What kind of poles?

Well, they are 2 support columns. Pictures have been posted, if you do a search, you should be able to find them. I'm at work now so don't really have time to look it up--sorry :(. The room is really spacious and like I said, we truely loved it. The bathroom is amazing, the closet is huge and loved the port-hole. The corner balcony made up for the support beams.

• 1 year later...

Archived