Norwegian Jewel Baltic Cruise Review

ALBE

Thank you so much for the terrific review. we will be doing this same cruise in 2 weeks.

a couple of questions

Is there any sort of Russian entertainemnt on board in the overnight in St Pete??

What was the weather like mid July?? Are shorts good or do you need a jacket and/or pants??

No its just an ordinary night - very quiet because most people are worn out from their full day excursion :D mummsie

Another question or two

What time did you get back to Dover and what time did they start letting people off the ship??

We have a 10:00 bus back to London from the bus depot, so we have top get a cab there. By 9:00 are most people off, especially the ones who want to be off. Taking our luggage off on our own is really not an option for us, and we are staying in London for a few more days, so we cannot use the ship to transport our luggage to the airpot.

Also, are there alarm clocks in the rooms. I know most ships don't supply these now a days, but I just wanted to make sure before I packed my own.

Oh, one more thing, on the ship, at the photo place, do they have an option to burn pictures onto a CD, from our memory cards??

cp dad...I just booked a May2010 Baltic, Our family has chosen to stay @ the Holiday Inn Forum in Kensington....NCL offers a transfer to Dover from the hotel for $80 pp.

Are you sure of that? If so, then that is new for NCL. This year, you were only able to use the transfer from the HI Forum to Dover if you had purchased the hotel package directly through NCL. This year, they were only offering the $80 pp transfers to and from the airports to the port.

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }

<DIV class=Section1>I received this from NCL when I inquired....now I must say that I called to book and got an e mail in return that she is working on it..so I think the transfer is booked with a company that NCL has a relationship with.

I have seen prices go up the next day. If you book now, you will lock in today’s low rates. If the price goes down or we have a better promotion from now until the final payment date, we can make price adjustments. There is a transfer to and from Gatwick. It is $80 per person each way.

Transfers between:

Heathrow/Gatwick International Airports to Dover Cruise Terminal, Kent

Approximate length of trip:

2 to 2 1/2 hours to/from Heathrow

1 to 1 1/2 hours to/from Gatwick Airport

One-way transfer cost: $80.00 USD per person

Airport to pre hotel-pier: $80 per person

Rates and availability subject to change

London Embarking guests requesting transfer from city to Port of Dover/Southampton will be picked up at the following location:

Holiday Inn

97 Cromwell Road

Kensington, London SW7 4DN

Reception: 44 870 400 9100

Fax: 44 207 373 1448

Pick-up time: 10:00am

Departure time: 4:00PM

Flight arrivals should be between:

Heathrow - 5:00am – 11:30am

Gatwick - 5:00am – 12:00pm

Arriving guests will be met outside the customs hall

Docking time: 5:00AM

Flights should not depart before:

Heathrow - 12:00pm

Gatwick - 11:30am

Guests arriving prior to day of sailing and staying in/around the airport requesting transfers to Dover on day of sailing should meet at the following airport location:

Heathrow-Arrival Lounge Terminal #3 at 10:00AM

Gatwick-Arrival Lounge North Terminal at 10:00AM

<DIV>Christa

Christa Rimmer

Norwegian Cruise Line

Personal Cruise Consultant

(877) 436-9722 ext. 7050

mcrimmer@ncl.com

P.S. When your friends ask about your <EM><I><FONT color=black face="Times New Roman"><SPAN style="COLOR: black">FREE

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }

<DIV class=Section1>I received this from NCL when I inquired....now I must say that I called to book and got an e mail in return that she is working on it..so I think the transfer is booked with a company that NCL has a relationship with.

I have seen prices go up the next day. If you book now, you will lock in today’s low rates. If the price goes down or we have a better promotion from now until the final payment date, we can make price adjustments. There is a transfer to and from Gatwick. It is $80 per person each way.

Transfers between:

Heathrow/Gatwick International Airports to Dover Cruise Terminal, Kent

Approximate length of trip:

2 to 2 1/2 hours to/from Heathrow

1 to 1 1/2 hours to/from Gatwick Airport

One-way transfer cost: $80.00 USD per person

Airport to pre hotel-pier: $80 per person

Rates and availability subject to change

London Embarking guests requesting transfer from city to Port of Dover/Southampton will be picked up at the following location:

Holiday Inn

97 Cromwell Road

Kensington, London SW7 4DN

Reception: 44 870 400 9100

Fax: 44 207 373 1448

Pick-up time: 10:00am

Departure time: 4:00PM

Flight arrivals should be between:

Heathrow - 5:00am – 11:30am

Gatwick - 5:00am – 12:00pm

Arriving guests will be met outside the customs hall

Docking time: 5:00AM

Flights should not depart before:

Heathrow - 12:00pm

Gatwick - 11:30am

Guests arriving prior to day of sailing and staying in/around the airport requesting transfers to Dover on day of sailing should meet at the following airport location:

Heathrow-Arrival Lounge Terminal #3 at 10:00AM

Gatwick-Arrival Lounge North Terminal at 10:00AM

<DIV>Christa

Christa Rimmer

Norwegian Cruise Line

Personal Cruise Consultant

(877) 436-9722 ext. 7050

mcrimmer@ncl.com

P.S. When your friends ask about your <EM><I><FONT color=black face="Times New Roman"><SPAN style="COLOR: black">FREE

Interesting ... I would re-verify with the air or the ground services department (or, at the very least, make sure that the transfer is listed correctly on your written confirmation) because this is a departure from what they have done before.

I hope it does work out for you. It's nice to be picked up at the hotel and not have to worry about getting on the right train or dragging your suitcases around with you. With the NCL transfer, they pick up your suitcases from the hotel room and you see them next outside your stateroom door on the ship. (I did purchase the hotel package, though.)

I received the confirmation from NCL for the transfer yesterday...so it appears that the arrangements were made. I tried to buy the hotel package, but NCL no longer has the HI as a partner hotel. I was quoted $376 a night as my only option. Lots of $ for a place to sleep. Please let me know what you hear..I don't want to have any problems on cruise day...thanks

I received the confirmation from NCL for the transfer yesterday...so it appears that the arrangements were made. I tried to buy the hotel package, but NCL no longer has the HI as a partner hotel. I was quoted $376 a night as my only option. Lots of $ for a place to sleep. Please let me know what you hear..I don't want to have any problems on cruise day...thanks

It seems you've covered all of your bases. If you're being picked up at the HI, why don't you check with them directly about staying there? It's a really nicely located hotel with easy access to the Gloucester Road tube station less than a block away. The only complaint I had about this hotel was the slow elevator service. The rooms were clean and in good order. The a/c worked well, which was important since London was a bit on the warm side during our stay. Don't purchase their breakfast package. There are plenty of places very close by to catch a quick bite to eat in the morning that will be much less expensive. Continental breakfast was included at the hotel as part of our NCL package. It was good, but if it hadn't been included we could have done just as well elsewhere. There's also another HI property right across the street from the HI Kensington Forum. I believe it is now operating as a Crown Plaza. It is supposed to be nicer than the one we stayed at. Check them out as well.

Enjoy your Baltic cruise! It is truly a spectacular destination!! :D

We have decided to stay at the HI Forum for convenience and price. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced dinner?

There are some good restaurants in the small shopping complex above the Gloucester Road tube station. Some in our traveling party ate at an Italian one there (the name escapes me, but it is easy to find with large picture windows facing the street ... ). The Stanhope Arms pub, across the street from the tube station, is good. To be honest, we generally had all of our lunches and dinners while sightseeing. Sticking with pubs is a good policy. We loved The Salisbury over by Covent Garden!

No its just an ordinary night - very quiet because most people are worn out from their full day excursion :D mummsie

There is Russian entertainment on the 2nd afternoon around 4pm. We missed it as we had an afternoon tour, but my hubby said it was still going on when we got back.

Archived