Your Time Dining - Spirit Class Experiences

gargoyle999

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Your Time dining on a Spirit Class ship. Just wondering what your experiences were like. We had Anytime on the Sapphire Princess and I like the general concept but I didn't like the 3 1/2 separate dining rooms.

With only one two tier dining room I'd like to find out how it is working out for those that have tried it. We'll have Your Time in Nov on the Spirit.

We had it on the Legend last summer, and we hated it. I always point out that this could have been OUR experience, and it may not reflect all any-time dining. We had to wait HOURS for a table, when we did get one we were seated alone, amongst other any-time dining tables. We didn't have just one server (and so, missed out on that server-diner bond) and the food was late, cold, etc. We asked to be switched to "regular" dining, and once we were it was perfect. No waiting for a table, we had 4 lovely tablemates, and our servers were absolutely excellent. Food came out on time, and life was wonderful. We would NEVER try any-time dining again.

We had it on the Legend last summer, and we hated it. I always point out that this could have been OUR experience, and it may not reflect all any-time dining. We had to wait HOURS for a table, .

I stopped reading right there.

Just got off the Miracle today and had no problems with anytime dining. We waited once with a beeper for 5 minutes and I believe that was only because we went right before the late seating and they were a little behind with flipping the tables over. The rest of the week we were seated immediately and asked how we would like to sit that night. Once we asked for a table for 2 and had no problems. We usually went between 6-7:30. Hope this helps.

Just got off the Miracle today and had no problems with anytime dining. We waited once with a beeper for 5 minutes and I believe that was only because we went right before the late seating and they were a little behind with flipping the tables over. The rest of the week we were seated immediately and asked how we would like to sit that night. Once we asked for a table for 2 and had no problems. We usually went between 6-7:30. Hope this helps.

We are signed up for anytime dining on the Miracle in October. I'm excited to try it. Am I correct in thinking there is only one dining room on this ship? You mention asking for a table for 2 and getting it ...were you seated with others on the nights you didn't request a table for 2? I really prefer sitting at a table with other guests so I'm hoping this will still be an option? Thanks!

We tried it -- just once. Even thought the wait was only about 15 minutes -- we decided to stick with "traditional dining" as we've done on all our previous cruises. We love having the same table and waiter every night.

An interesting aside -- on Disney Cruise Line -- they have 3 different regular dining rooms and all passengers move to another dining room together -- with your waiter and bus staff every evening. It was fabulous!

Thanks for the responses! Maybe Carnival worked out some of the kinks from when they were just starting to implement it.

It wasn't perfect on Princess either but overall I like it better than fixed time.

Can I ask what area they seated the Your Time folks? I've been on the Miracle so I'm familiar with the layout. I'm wondering how they partitioned the dining room since there is only one but with two levels.

We had the anytime dining on the Pride in May and loved it. We hardly ever went to the main dining room and were buffet regulars. The anytime dining was perfect for us. We don't like being forced to eat at a certain time. The waiters were the same in the anytime area of the dining room, and by the 3rd night we knew all of them and they us. Everyone has their favorite dining venue and it's all what you like.

... We didn't have just one server (and so, missed out on that server-diner bond) and the food was late, cold, etc. ...

FYI- You can request to sit in a specific server's section. We did this on the Paradise and had the same wait staff the entire cruise. We arrived between 30-45 minutes after the dining room opened and there was no waiting.

On the Miracle anytime dining is on the second level to the left. When you enter the room there is a sign. And yes when you enter they ask for your room number and ask your preferences for the evening as to whether you wish to dine alone or share. We only had one rotten experience. It was the first night but we laughed about the rest of the cruise and it didn't deter us from sharing the rest of the cruise. I loved the choice of going when I wanted. Hope this helped.

We used the "anytime dining" for the first time on the Miracle in July. Could not have been happier with the experience. My only hesitation was that I like it when the waiter/waitress knows my preferences and name after the first seating. We ended up having the same team every night and they were great (Chandra, Rhein, Putu). We had a couple different tables, but all were next to a window. We usually got to the dining rooom around 6:30 and only had one wait, we arrived around 7 that night and were seated around 7:20. I woold use this option without hesitation in a heartbeat.

Just off of the PRIDE from the July 24th sailing. We had anytime. We ate in the MDR 4 times, ( went ate at the buffet twice and David's once). You are seated in the left side of the upper level. We NEVER had to wait for a table for two. We went around 6:45 or 7:00 PM. On the first night, we were disapointed with the service and scared that it might be a reflection on the "anytime waiters" attitude; however, we later found out that it was just that particular server, as we were ahppy withe the service on all other nights. It worked very well for us!

Had anytime dining on the Legend on our May 10th sailing and LOVED IT. It was just my wife and I. Anytime seating on the Legend is on the second level on the left hand side and from what I gather on the other posts it is the same on the other spirit class ships.

Since we were without our kids we decided to eat later in the evening. On our first cruise we did late dining and liked eating at 8:15 so on this cruise we decided to eat around the same time. Our first night we showed up around 8:00 and found a line for the 8:15 set dining time, walked right up to the podium and were seated within 5 minutes. They give you the option of sitting with a group or sitting by yourself.

If you sit with a group they sit you at a large table sometimes people will have already ordered either appetizers or even an entree.

We always went just after the late seating, so we showed up 8:20 - 8:30 and NEVER EVER had a wait except for the first night. We were walked right in and sat down. I couldn't imagine eating any other way.

We did experience slight differences in the wait staff. Some were super fast and some were average but none were ever slow. The same wait staff seems to work the Anytime dining section so if you find a set that you like you can ask to be seated in their section, but you may have to wait. YMMV. Anytime dining was AWESOME.

Upper level left, I like it!

I must say on the Miracle in Feb we had the late seating. Our waiter was friendly enough but I swear we were always one course behind. We we sitting on the right side, upper level along the railing smack in the middle and had a good view of the dining room.

Everyone else was on their entree when our appetizers arrived, onto desert when our entrees arrived and leaving as our dessert arrived. It was weird how slow it was. Oh man..and was it ever hot! On a couple nights the butter they have on the table was actually melting! We skipped several nights in the DR because of the slow service and temperature. At least you have a chance of better service if one night is off with Your Time by having a different waiter the next night.

I'm looking forward to trying Your Time out in Nov. I think I'll like it better than on the Sapphire Princess with its 4 separate dining rooms for Anytime.

Upper level left, I like it!

I must say on the Miracle in Feb we had the late seating. Our waiter was friendly enough but I swear we were always one course behind. We we sitting on the right side, upper level along the railing smack in the middle and had a good view of the dining room.

Everyone else was on their entree when our appetizers arrived, onto desert when our entrees arrived and leaving as our dessert arrived. It was weird how slow it was. Oh man..and was it ever hot! On a couple nights the butter they have on the table was actually melting! We skipped several nights in the DR because of the slow service and temperature. At least you have a chance of better service if one night is off with Your Time by having a different waiter the next night.

I'm looking forward to trying Your Time out in Nov. I think I'll like it better than on the Sapphire Princess with its 4 separate dining rooms for Anytime.

Hey gargoyle999,

I saw you posting on this topic, and i was curious as well. Since we are traveling at the same time on the Spirit, maybe we will be tablemates! My husband and I have also requested your time dining. I booked over the phone through Carnival, and we were told that at any time throughout the day, you can call and make reservations if you know around the time you would like to eat. The PVP suggested that if you plan out your day with your excursions and/or onboard activities you should probably have an idea about what time you are planning on eating dinner that night, so its a good idea to call in the morning and reserve a table. (You can tell them what sized table you want as well). Also, as I've been reading, and I believe it was also addressed on this thread too, you may request the same server each night, so you still receive that server/diner bonding experience.

I am highly looking forward to Your Time dining, because my husband and I are planning on doing so many different things at different times, and now we don't have to go to the Grille for dinner because we can now go anytime in the MDR. See you onboard!

I booked over the phone through Carnival, and we were told that at any time throughout the day, you can call and make reservations if you know around the time you would like to eat.

I know there is a lot of discussion on the Princess forum on whether there should or should not be reservations allowed. I didn't make reservations on the Sapphire though a few nights I wished I had!

I'm not planning on using reservations but we'll see how it goes. I am very interested to see how it compares to the experience we had on the Sapphire which I give mixed marks. I really like the flexibility of it as well and I'm glad Carnival is offering it.

If you are on Traditional early dining and miss your assigned time, can you go to Anytime dining or do you have to go the buffet?

Another topic that gets a lot of discussion on the Princess forum. It's a good question though. I wonder how Carnival handles this. I know on the Sapphire we were asked our cabin number when using Anytime to verify that was what we should be using. A hot button topic for sure!

If you are on Traditional early dining and miss your assigned time, can you go to Anytime dining or do you have to go the buffet?

You'd have to go to the buffet, once you sign up for traditional dining, that's what you get the entire cruise.

We have not cruised in 3 years so we decided to try the any time dining on the Spirit in Dec. We do not like having to rush for the early traditional seating if we have been doing something fun and sometimes the late seating is too late for us who have heartburn problems.

Archived