Sunday Bus/Train schedules out of Villefranche

Warm Weather Fan

I am hoping to do Villefranche on our own, and take public transportation. We are in port on Sunday, though, and it seems as though the bus and train schedules are quite different than during the week, and much more sporadic.

We tender into Villefranche, and I would like to do Nice, Monaco and Eze. Given that it is a Sunday, is public transportation a "pipe dream"? What about cabs; are there ever any cab drivers that might want to take us around to a few of these towns?

Thanks.

We were in Villefranche on a Sunday. The train schedule that I had researched on-line did not match up with real life. The train to leave VF was an hour or so later than expected so we had a bit of a mooch round the village. When the train finally arrived, we were lucky to squeeze on, not everybody made it. We were literally packed tighter than sardines. On the way back, the train did not stop at Villefranche. I can't remember if it went past, or stopped short but we ended up sharing a taxi with an american couple who were on a different cruise line. The taxi driver tried to make us pay a large tip of his choosing but we just told him to get stuffed.

It was amusing, and made for some good memories but if we had been the ones left on the platform in Villefranche then we would have been very disapointed. Not to deter you, just telling our story.

Archived