A new review of the Shadow

ging466

Thank you, and to everyone else who was encouraging. My first trip on the Shadow, and on Silversea, is coming up in November. I was horrified at this review. I'm sure I will love the cruise. I consider the $$ I pay to be for the privilege of setting my foot on a ship with only 382 passengers. Anything else great is "gravy".

Blessings to you all,

Jane

Hi Jane--you know like you we are great Seabourn fans . We did the Mexican Riviera on the Shadow last November--it was great--we even found the crew close to the careing attitude we have on SB. The food was excellent, and the dining room service fine--we found a special spot in the dining room that was a lot of fun. A great group serving us, and having fun doing it! We had a Silver Suite, and they are sensational--the suite was in perfect order at all times. We are still great SB fans, but I'm sure you are going to love your SS experience. Don

How nice to come back and read the follow-up review and comments! We too are on our first Silversea Cruise in August and I couldn't believe what I read by bingogirl3! Hopefully we can continue to set the record straight when we get back home! We're really looking forward to Alaska's glaciers, wildlife and coastal beauty, though. We'd just rather do it on a smaller cruise ship like Silver Shadow!

Whenever there is a review that is so out of kilter with everyone else's opinion it's best just to ignore it. This does not mean that a particular cruise on any ship cannot go wrong. I was on a Shadow cruise a few years ago that went very wrong but my next one on the Cloud was great.

Silver Shadow Alaska July 20? Interesting review. Although I felt there was something missing compared to our previous Shadow cruise, we did book a another SS cruise on-board. My SO also said this is was our best cruise ever (12th). She says book SFO-SFO Alaska every year from now on, but Shadow is on charter next July.

Ate the Sashimi at the lunch buffet every day, so I had no trouble with the fresh fish. Figured out how to rotate TV after 30 seconds (pull down on the round thingy to release). No problem with linens. Left extra for housekeeping. I assume it goes into crew's fund.

Hope Marc's leg is healed.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a great feeling to be back on CC after a little hiatus.

After reading all the reviews on SS we just decided to book the LA to LA voyage in February 2010. It has many advantages for us including, hooray! no air travel.

We have enjoyed every cruise we have ever taken over the last 40 years from Royal Viking, Sitmar to RSS and our very favorite so far, Oceania. We look forward to being with such an erudite group who are posting to this thread and the wonderful ambience portrayed by SS postes.

Hopefully a thread for our particular cruise will soon open, if not I will start one myself.

To all SS CC posters, Happy Sailing!!!:):):)

David & Betty W.

I find it hard to believe that she did not have the correct amount of towels, etc. No matter how many times we bathed in a day, new towels appeared as soon as we left the room.

Funny thing about the "scratchiness" of the towels - my husband loves them that way and I don't. He uses the bath towels and I use the bath sheets (on the rack above the tub). I never mentioned it to anyone but him (that I can recall anyway) but after several days I noticed that my bath sheets were softer!

As I have said before - some people just can't be pleased and aren't happy unless they are unhappy.:p

Archived